The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Saw a video from a trucker the other day that said there's plenty of lumber, and that someone (middle men) has bought it all up and is trickling it out to create a false supply issue to inflate prices. He says he's seen tons of it just sitting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
“Video from a trucker” saying he’s seen tons of it just sitting seems like a totally legit source.

Where did you see it?

Parler or Gab?
If have to go back and find it. Was either linked in Twitter or youtube. But I watch, listen to and reada lot of stuff. This was about a week ago.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Once they start hitting the inheritance tax, 401-K transferability between spouses, hit everyone with a 39% capitol gains tax and take away burgers I'm not sure Hillary couldn't get elected.
Have you noticed food prices? Lumber prices, etc?

There is more this administration and the radicals pulling the strings are planning for main street America!

Have you seen the 30 x 30 Plan, the animals rights plans, "environmentalists", and the regulations being placed on agriculture and other industries?

The end result of this administrations policies will lead to much higher food costs and more hungry people.

And guess what their solution to that will be? More government control, never mind that's the reason we will be in that position. But I suspect that's been their plan all along.
Saw a video from a trucker the other day that said there's plenty of lumber, and that someone (middle men) has bought it all up and is trickling it out to create a false supply issue to inflate prices. He says he's seen tons of it just sitting.

IOW capitalism?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Actually, artificially inflating prices is not what capitalism is about. This isn't competition.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Actually, artificially inflating prices is not what capitalism is about. This isn't competition.

It isn't "artificially inflating" for a middle man to buy stock and then sell it at a higher price, because that's exactly what middle men do.
If they create a supply problem by buying it all and letting it sit and THEN start selling in small quantities? They created a non existent supply problem to allow them to raise prices.
That's not artificial to you?

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
DATELINE BEIRUT: Iranian officials claim a deal has been made to exchange 5 political prisoners from each country and the US throws in $7,000,000,000.
END OF BREAKING NEWS

Talk amongst yourselves.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
If they create a supply problem by buying it all and letting it sit and THEN start selling in small quantities? They created a non existent supply problem to allow them to raise prices.
That's not artificial to you?

So, exactly how does worldwide collusion of middle lumber men work?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I can't believe there are people that are so petty as to be concerned that someone is wearing a mask during a pandemic when it has no effect on them whatsoever. Bad optics? Good lord. How did you become so partisan as to think this is an actual concern?
How did you become so partisan that you're clearly incapable of rational discussion about this?

Never mind, my bad. I forget that rational thoughts take a back seat to the quest to always be the smartest guy in the room. It must be as exhausting for you as it is for everyone else.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
How did you become so partisan that you're clearly incapable of rational discussion about this?

Never mind, my bad. I forget that rational thoughts take a back seat to the quest to always be the smartest guy in the room. It must be as exhausting for you as it is for everyone else.
Says the guy who comes in days later all the time to make some pathetic off-topic white knight statement that is usually ignored. And this comment is what you think passes for "rational discussion?" Yea, sure. Off-topic jabs and days late. I will agree that your quest to avoid appearing smart is working well for you.

No, message board chatter is not "exhausting." If someone is so feeble as to finding reading someone else's conversation "exhausting," my suggestion would be to scroll on and STFU. But, you have proven incapable of that so I (and pretty much everyone else) will go back to ignoring your weak jabs thrown several days after the boxers left the ring.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Says the guy who comes in days later all the time to make some pathetic off-topic white knight statement that is usually ignored. And this comment is what you think passes for "rational discussion?" Yea, sure. Off-topic jabs and days late. I will agree that your quest to avoid appearing smart is working well for you.

No, message board chatter is not "exhausting." If someone is so feeble as to finding reading someone else's conversation "exhausting," my suggestion would be to scroll on and STFU. But, you have proven incapable of that so I (and pretty much everyone else) will go back to ignoring your weak jabs thrown several days after the boxers left the ring.
You should probably read your own signature more often.

And no, you're not the arbiter of some timeline for responses for people that don't spend every day here.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
A growing percentage of our population is becoming addicted to "free money" and will vote for more. That's not sustainable.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
How did that addiction lessen over the past four years?
For some reason you continue to believe I somehow supported spending? I didn't support it then and don't now, you should know that. Why do you support it now?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Oh, I don't. I'm just looking for intellectual consistency.
Nothing inconsistent regarding my position on exorbitant spending.

As I recall you used to dislike exorbitant spending as well. Have you changed your position?

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
For some reason you continue to believe I somehow supported spending? I didn't support it then and don't now, you should know that. Why do you support it now?
Oh, I don't. I'm just looking for intellectual consistency.
Nothing inconsistent regarding my position on exorbitant spending.

As I recall you used to dislike exorbitant spending as well. Have you changed your position?

It's like watching Sauron fight Voldemort