The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Fine, what policy has Biden enacted that has increased lumber prices?

When Trump was putting huge tariffs on things, such as Canadian lumber, that worsened the problem, too. Trump had some reasons for those tariffs, but they still did do that. But, that person doesn't talk policy. He only talks dems bad, republicans good. He has been that way for decades here. Seeing people that used to talk free-markets when that was a republican ideal suddenly laud tariffs when they were proposed by Trump instead of Wellstone is just an example that it is politics by teams, not policy.
These issues are multi-faceted and have to do with executive branch policies and the actions of the Fed.
We all must wonder if Biden is still incharege of his own presidency.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
He never was. Kamala and AOC are driving the bus.
Bless your heart.
You do realize that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has an extremely contentious relationship with the mainstream members of the traditional DNC party?

So much so, that many reps. turn down campaign donations she is making because her coffers are overflowing.

Sep 3, 2010
Bless your heart.
You do realize that Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has an extremely contentious relationship with the mainstream members of the traditional DNC party?

So much so, that many reps. turn down campaign donations she is making because her coffers are overflowing.
lol. She’s the author of the Green New Deal and they’ve all bought in. She and Talib and Omar have sucked all of the air out of the traditional DNC and Bernie and Warren and Harris have gotten right in line. I think Biden is a victim of elder abuse at this point and I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. Pelosi hates her because AOC has dethroned her as the dumbest person to ever hold office and she rightfully sees her as a threat. If you don’t think AOC is making things happen you simply haven’t been paying attention.

Good point. It's not. Gates is heavily invested in the fake meat business and now he wants to make sure that rich countries cut their consumption of real meat by 100%:thumbup:. There may be a small disconnect between Gates and the rest of us.
Cows and global warming is a fabricated lie. If it were true the people pushing it would be advocating for the slaughter of every bovine on the planet. We can’t stop there either. If cows are responsible we must eradicate every other ruminant animal such as sheep, goats, deer, Buffalo etc.

Biden’s state of the union drew the equivalent of 3000 people attending and OSU home football game. How pathetic is that for the most popular president in the history of the country? He’s only a couple of months in. If I’m the person in charge of mid term elections I might be getting a little nervous

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I read what you said.
What specific executive order is going to reduce landfill usage? Other than you because of your industry, that sounds like great news for the rest of us. Sort of like the pediatric ER doctors being laid off due to decreased childhood respiratory viruses with masking. Sucks for them, but better for others.
2021-02177.pdf (govinfo.gov) here is one of them. There are too many of them to read

Court throws out rule delaying implementation of EPA landfill emissions regulation | Waste Dive

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
lol. She’s the author of the Green New Deal and they’ve all bought in. She and Talib and Omar have sucked all of the air out of the traditional DNC and Bernie and Warren and Harris have gotten right in line. I think Biden is a victim of elder abuse at this point and I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. Pelosi hates her because AOC has dethroned her as the dumbest person to ever hold office and she rightfully sees her as a threat. If you don’t think AOC is making things happen you simply haven’t been paying attention.
wait, Bernie got in line with AOC? huh? Bernie can outraise AOC any day of the week.
That would be aazing if she went from being an unpaid staffer on Bernie's 2016 campaign to being his boss, but that isn't so.

Also, Pelosi, Biden, Schumer, and Harris all have significantly more clout than AOC.

I would argue that Senators Joe Manchin and Kristin Sinema have more or equal clout because they are willing to use their political will.

It would be helpful if you spoke out of the body orifice above your neck; It's also OK to admit you are incorrect or are unsure of facts when you don't know the answers. It helps maintain your credibility.

Sep 3, 2010
wait, Bernie got in line with AOC? huh? Bernie can outraise AOC any day of the week.
That would be aazing if she went from being an unpaid staffer on Bernie's 2016 campaign to being his boss, but that isn't so.

Also, Pelosi, Biden, Schumer, and Harris all have significantly more clout than AOC.

I would argue that Senators Joe Manchin and Kristin Sinema have more or equal clout because they are willing to use their political will.

It would be helpful if you spoke out of the body orifice above your neck; It's also OK to admit you are incorrect or are unsure of facts when you don't know the answers. It helps maintain your credibility.
Bernie can outraise AOC any day of the week. I’ll give you that but you just stated that her coffers were running over to the point that she is trying donate to other reps. Moot point. Pelosi, Biden, Schumer and Harris should have more clout yet ever time AOC comes up with a stupid idea they run over each other to get in front of a camera and agree with her. They secretly want her to go away but they piss down their leg every time she walks into a room. She has a huge following and plenty of clout and plenty of money and you are incredibly naive to think otherwise. It remains to be seen if Manchin and Sinema will stand up when they need to. She is currently the straw that is stirring the drink and everyone knows it. Except you, evidently.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Bernie can outraise AOC any day of the week. I’ll give you that but you just stated that her coffers were running over to the point that she is trying donate to other reps. Moot point. Pelosi, Biden, Schumer and Harris should have more clout yet ever time AOC comes up with a stupid idea they run over each other to get in front of a camera and agree with her. They secretly want her to go away but they piss down their leg every time she walks into a room. She has a huge following and plenty of clout and plenty of money and you are incredibly naive to think otherwise. It remains to be seen if Manchin and Sinema will stand up when they need to. She is currently the straw that is stirring the drink and everyone knows it. Except you, evidently.
I think you're hyperfocused on AOC; likely because your media sources are hyperfocused on her. Also for a politician she's a smokeshow.

She's top 10 influential Democrats, but you're getting carried away with the hyperbole a bit much.

Sep 3, 2010
I think you're hyperfocused on AOC; likely because your media sources are hyperfocused on her. Also for a politician she's a smokeshow.

She's top 10 influential Democrats, but you're getting carried away with the hyperbole a bit much.
That’s entirely possible. And I don’t think you are giving her nearly enough credit for the amount of stroke she has.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Are you trying to insinuate that Tim Scott is nutty?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
No, I don't know a thing about him. Just saying that it seems that's what it will take to get the nomination in that party right now. Lots of crazy in the republican party right now and they seem to be the main wing of it, not the fringe.
I know a lot of people who were talking Tim Scott even before his speech. Heck, I think that's why he got the option. But that would mean the "crazies" like him, wouldn't it?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Once they start hitting the inheritance tax, 401-K transferability between spouses, hit everyone with a 39% capitol gains tax and take away burgers I'm not sure Hillary couldn't get elected.
Have you noticed food prices? Lumber prices, etc?

There is more this administration and the radicals pulling the strings are planning for main street America!

Have you seen the 30 x 30 Plan, the animals rights plans, "environmentalists", and the regulations being placed on agriculture and other industries?

The end result of this administrations policies will lead to much higher food costs and more hungry people.

And guess what their solution to that will be? More government control, never mind that's the reason we will be in that position. But I suspect that's been their plan all along.
Saw a video from a trucker the other day that said there's plenty of lumber, and that someone (middle men) has bought it all up and is trickling it out to create a false supply issue to inflate prices. He says he's seen tons of it just sitting.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Saw a video from a trucker the other day that said there's plenty of lumber, and that someone (middle men) has bought it all up and is trickling it out to create a false supply issue to inflate prices. He says he's seen tons of it just sitting.

“Video from a trucker” saying he’s seen tons of it just sitting seems like a totally legit source.

Where did you see it?

Parler or Gab?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Once they start hitting the inheritance tax, 401-K transferability between spouses, hit everyone with a 39% capitol gains tax and take away burgers I'm not sure Hillary couldn't get elected.
Have you noticed food prices? Lumber prices, etc?

There is more this administration and the radicals pulling the strings are planning for main street America!

Have you seen the 30 x 30 Plan, the animals rights plans, "environmentalists", and the regulations being placed on agriculture and other industries?

The end result of this administrations policies will lead to much higher food costs and more hungry people.

And guess what their solution to that will be? More government control, never mind that's the reason we will be in that position. But I suspect that's been their plan all along.

IOW capitalism?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk