The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
What's going to be funny is when right wing media tries to score political points and starts calling it Biden's Wall.

The wall was envisioned by Trump as a monument to himself. The whole point was something concrete he could point at and say I did this. To get it stolen because of pointless political banter is hilarious.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
And of course, right on cue biden and co. want to change the definition of infrastructure.
Less than three months in and the left is already pushing a large, "comprehensive", confusing bill that will greatly expand the power of the federal government. How much damage will they do until the midterms when we'll finally have a shot of a split government again.

Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Hey, if it gets finished then bravo to whoever for recognizing the need. We all know who started that process regardless of what the liberal media portrays.
“Finished” lol.

Walls make sense in densely populated or close to populated areas. They make no fiscal sense in the middle of a desert. To easy to get over, around or under, and cost too much $$$ spend that money on tripling the CBP and technology and not only is it more effective, it creates real jobs instead of lining the pockets of supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
She must have a different dictionary than me.
https://twitter.com/sengillibrand/status/1379773312482607106?s=21

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
State Dept announces they are considering a Boycott of the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics in Feb due to China's human rights violations. Said US and other countries are holding discussions on the topic
Ugh.

Has China increased their violation of human rights since they were awarded the Olympics 6 years ago?
It's the international Olympic Committee the ioc that gave them the Olympics to begin with not the individual countries. Now the countries can boycott now that it is actually coming up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Hey, if it gets finished then bravo to whoever for recognizing the need. We all know who started that process regardless of what the liberal media portrays.
“Finished” lol.

Walls make sense in densely populated or close to populated areas. They make no fiscal sense in the middle of a desert. To easy to get over, around or under, and cost too much $$$ spend that money on tripling the CBP and technology and not only is it more effective, it creates real jobs instead of lining the pockets of supporters.

Technology was one of the things getting done until January 20th when everything was stopped cold.

Nov 6, 2010
It's the international Olympic Committee the ioc that gave them the Olympics to begin with not the individual countries. Now the countries can boycott now that it is actually coming up.

And both administrations have been pretty much in lockstep on this issue. Pompeo was very harsh in his criticism of China on this front, the question is as always, what do you do about it with a nuclear superpower? The Olympics don't mean shite anymore, so it's an easy thing to throw out there.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/theblaze/status/1379903926070304770?s=19

Just for a good smile.

Jul 23, 2018
USA
“Finished” lol.

How many border patrol have you talked to? Have you talked to Mark Morgan or Tom Homan? The wall is an integral component of overall security measures that include technology and manpower. Biden halted all tech installation with the wall, some sections of which are paid-for and lying on the ground. No one ever advocated a wall covering the entire border.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

I don't care if it's Republican, Democrat or what the - ever, don't boycott the Olympics. When we did it before nobody knew why, it looked petty, it had no real world consequences other than destroying the dreams of a lot of athletes who trained their butt off for years, and a boycott in return from the Soviets.

I know it's pollyannaish, but I'm still clinging to the idea that the Olympics are when we set politics and grudges aside.