The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 11, 2004
Enid, OK
www.faulklawfirm.com
Electioneering is forbidden in most states. It's not just about giving out water in lines. It's to keep campaigns and associated groups, from trying to influence voters. Groups that are not associated with campaigns in any way, can give water all they want.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Which is precisely what the GA law states, yet Bob just can’t seem to comprehend simplicity.
That’s not what it says. Only POLL OFFICIALS can provide water (and they don’t) sooo seems to me like you are the one without comprehension skills. With that said, I must bow out of this conversation because you keep repeating ridiculous talking points that are flat untrue and it’s beginning to be hard to not be mean to you :) have a nice evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2010
I’ll make one last sincere effort to TRY and make this clear enough for you. Biden’s unfounded allegation has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not, as you say, “they actually do offer water to people in lines,...”. His allegation was against THE WRITTEN LAW AS IT WAS APPROVED, period. His allegation claims the law does not allow for ANYONE to provide water to voters standing in line, and the law as it is written clearly DOES allow for poll officers to provide it or access to it. Once again, this is not about what bigbadbob experiences when standing in line, it’s about the delusional President standing in front of microphones claiming something false about a law when it clearly states otherwise.
This article sums it up nicely. He’s lying and (almost) everyone knows it. https://www.aol.com/news/joe-biden-...e-biden-botches-georgia-voting-221652149.html

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
No. No they can’t under the new law. It makes no distinction and says NO ONE can give food or drink to someone within 150 feet of the polling place or within 25 feet of the line. It even outlaws you ordering your own food and it being delivered to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But Carlson said on Fox News that it's okay for a friend or relative to bring you food your drink.

Oct 29, 2016
US
A bunch of people still unjustifiably proclaiming that Dems "stole the election," despite not one piece of evidence supporting such. Meanwhile, Republicans have perpetually implemented laws suppressing voter access, etc, thereby literally attempting to steal elections through legislation. So, insead of casting false accusations, may wanna actually understand who actually steal elections: Republicans. They have done this for decades.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...ia-voting-law-republicans.amp.html?0p19G=6214

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
A bunch of people still unjustifiably proclaiming that Dems "stole the election," despite not one piece of evidence supporting such. Meanwhile, Republicans have perpetually implemented laws suppressing voter access, etc, thereby literally attempting to steal elections through legislation. So, insead of casting false accusations, may wanna actually understand who actually steal elections: Republicans. They have done this for decades.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...ia-voting-law-republicans.amp.html?0p19G=6214
Considering Georgia has better voter access than New York now, please tell me what Republicans made the laws in New York?
NPR and others are now backing off the whole voter suppression schtick as they've now read the bill and know that is not the case.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
So it is official, we now have a new administration, so we can now have a new thread. Here are some things I am looking forward to with his administration:
1) Trump is no longer in office.
2) He should be more presidential than his predecessor.
3) His secretary of state appointment will continue to be tough on China.
4) He will be remembered as a centrist president and things should be relatively quiet under his watch.

Here are some concerns I have:
1) He will have a typical big government approach to solving problems.
2) He will be more prone to getting involved in foreign countries' affairs.
3) He won't do much to address rising healthcare costs.
4) He won't do any trust busting of some of our monopolisitc companies.
5) He will not advocate for civil liberties.
6) He will not likely do much to address criminal justice reform.
7) He will not address drug legalization, although marijuana has an outside shot.
8) He will spend money wildly, just like our last 3 presidents, and will do little to address our problematic and fiscal policies.

There is probably a large number of things I missed, but those are my off the cuff thoughts. What are yours?
#2 and #4 on this list.

Before Biden did so last week, has a sitting US President ever publicly supported a call for boycott of a large multi-million dollar event in a state?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
State Dept announces they are considering a Boycott of the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics in Feb due to China's human rights violations. Said US and other countries are holding discussions on the topic

Mar 11, 2006
State Dept announces they are considering a Boycott of the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics in Feb due to China's human rights violations. Said US and other countries are holding discussions on the topic
Ugh.

Has China increased their violation of human rights since they were awarded the Olympics 6 years ago?