The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I thought I read last week he named one and raised the position to cabinet level.

Edit: it is Eric Lander

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-...-eric-lander-as-top-science-adviser-68363/amp
Excellent. Just an example of the kind of forward thinking that I rather enjohy. I am not a biden fan, but i did vote against rump, and this way of thinking by our leadership is what I like to see. The previous administration was as anti science as it gets and that got old after seeing rump ignore those science/technology advisors. I just wanted someone who would listen to them and i like it.

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
In the 180 minutes Joe Biden has been in office I've had five gay marriages and seven abortions all paid for by taxing energy companies.
I started 6 alternative energy companies that have secured 4 million in government grants. All profits will be donated to my 503c private charity. Joe is a great man.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
I started 6 alternative energy companies that have secured 4 million in government grants. All profits will be donated to my 503c private charity. Joe is a great man.
As long as your private charity is OrangePower Tailgate Alcohol and Entertainment Inc. I'm good with it.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
4) I will need to read more about the specific cabinet picks to have opinion on his cabinet. I was speaking more about being a centrist President and not having a Presidency that caters to one ideology. I do worry that he will be influenced, perhaps heavily, by the far-left progressives (AOC, Warren).
I am hoping, admittedly naively, that he rethinks he pledge to raise taxes on virtually all wage earners and does not alter the Trump personal income tax rates.
If he does not alter the Trump personal tax rates, there will be a tax increase.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What is the reason for terminating the lease on the keystone pipeline? What does that accomplish?
It is being put through sacred Sioux lands which had caused all kinds of holy hell for years......it doesn't have to go through Sioux lands

And the US gets more tax money on the oil. Canadian oil could be sent over the pipeline directly to Houston directly into a refinery in duty free zone ...which then could be exported from there ....doing this bypasses all US taxes on that oil and allows Canada to export it directly out of Houston

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
What is the reason for terminating the lease on the keystone pipeline? What does that accomplish?
It's politically convenient and throws a bone to the environmentalists.

Somewhere here today someone mentioned that reduced access to the Canadian oil from there would benefit domestic oil producers and therefore Oklahomans but I'm guessing that didn't factor heavily in the political calculus.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
It is being put through sacred Sioux lands which had caused all kinds of holy hell for years......it doesn't have to go through Sioux lands

And the US gets more tax money on the oil. Canadian oil could be sent over the pipeline directly to Houston directly into a refinery in duty free zone ...which then could be exported from there ....doing this bypasses all US taxes on that oil and allows Canada to export it directly out of Houston
Could be sent tax free? That’s the first I’ve heard of this so o googled keystone pipeline duty free and received zero results with those four words. That is what will actually happen or that’s what the opposition is ginning up?

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
It's politically convenient and throws a bone to the environmentalists.

Somewhere here today someone mentioned that reduced access to the Canadian oil from there would benefit domestic oil producers and therefore Oklahomans but I'm guessing that didn't factor heavily in the political calculus.
It’s not going to stop oil consumption. It will allow more oil to be transported by train. Anybody want to guess what big democrat owner just happens to own a railroad?

Aug 16, 2012

Yeah might want to read up on it a little more. Keystone already runs from Canada to Houston via Nebraska and Cushing. Has been running for years. KXL is a shorter route from Canada to SE Nebraska intended on reducing the travel length by 20% and increasing capacity via larger diameter pipe. It also has a transfer station in Montana where Bakken crude is added. There is no new construction south of Nebraska. Oil will run to Cushing where it is bought and sold before heading to Houston or elsewhere via pipe or rail. The oil cannot go straight to Houston. It stops in Cushing. It cannot be duty free because it is mixed with domestic crude. The only thing KXL will do is increase capacity which is needed to offset losses of Venezuelan heavy crude.