The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
I don’t believe in EO at all. See how that works. I am CONSISTENT. Do I dislike biden more than trump? Yes. Do I like either one of them? No. You are comparing less than 4 weeks to a year. Good try.
Trump averaged 55 per year. Biden has 32 in 4 weeks AND he holds both houses of Congress. Plus I know it is hard to tell because of the main stream media and the left obsession with Trump, but he is gone. He has nothing to do with this administration. Well, except for the fact that they wasted their first four weeks impeaching him instead of getting anything done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
The insidious racism of low-expectations. I think Biden means well, but those types of statements/views are demeaning and insulting.
Your talking about a guy that wanted to make segregation a constitutional amendment. Pretty sure he means what he says.
I don’t know if your claim is true or not, but it would not surprise me one bit. He is the old kinda racist. The kind that says something like, I’m not racist I was the Vice President for a ....you know.
I am also not surprised that the left doesn’t see it. Sheep are ALL blind.

Last edited:

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Not a fan of EOs from either side, but debating the number is pretty pointless. Comparing 55/yr to 30 in a month indicates a trend im not wild about, but the sample size is far too small to draw a conclusion. Some EOs simply signify an administration's intent to do something and have no real/lasting effect. It may take years to grade out real effects, so I'm not sure yet how to compare those of Obama, Trump or Biden (can't say I've studied them, so others will certainly have differing opinions).
Also keep in mind that a pretty good chunk of those 30 in a month were basically actually rescinding and nullifying executive orders entered by Trump.

They don't actually do anything other than undo prior executive orders.

That being said, I really don't like the trend of using executive orders over legislation that has been occurring for about the last two decades. It's all about expanding executive power and going around the checks and balances in the Constitution. It also leads to lack of continuity and uniformity in enforcement that is concerning to me.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I don't disagree. With Biden only being there a month so far, we don't know if he just front loaded his term with EO's and will be quiet the rest of the year or if we're in for 300+ EOs this year. Too soon to tell where it'll actually go.
I mean, rump signed 24 of them during his first month. it didnt mean he averaged 24 a month for 4 years. Historically this is not an abnormal behavior, to have a higher rate of executive orders early in the first year compared to the rest of the term. And has been mentioned by other posters, a lot of what biden is doing with EO's is just taking out some of the trash left by the previous admin.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
And has been mentioned by other posters, a lot of what biden is doing with EO's is just taking out some of the trash left by the previous admin.
Who were just taking out the trash left by the administration before that. And they before them, ad infinitum. Trash is in the eye of the beholder, to coin a phrase. But, as mentioned by others, I'd much rather both sides made their changes through legislation than EOs.

Brad M

Wrangler
Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Who were just taking out the trash left by the administration before that. And they before them, ad infinitum. Trash is in the eye of the beholder, to coin a phrase. But, as mentioned by others, I'd much rather both sides made their changes through legislation than EOs.
I agree. Some people think the problem is the President (whoever is in office). I think the problem is our feckless Congress. They’re too afraid to make the tough decisions so they abdicate responsibility to the Executive branch and then bitch about whatever decision was made. Trump had a lot of flaws but I appreciated the fact that he was willing make a tough decisions and stand by and stand by them even if they were unpopular.
I don’t think our system is broken but the bunch of spineless fncksticks that we’ve elected to run our system sure as hell are.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Seemed like as good a thread as any to put this in. The NYT (the left) is now against critical thinking. Hmmm

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Seemed like as good a thread as any to put this in. The NYT (the left) is now against critical thinking. Hmmm

from March 2020, but it just shows their warped brains haven’t changed. Scroll to the 8:00 mark then listen carefully to George beginning at 8:32.

https://youtu.be/lTfrYGLbWoM

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
And has been mentioned by other posters, a lot of what biden is doing with EO's is just taking out some of the trash left by the previous admin.
Me too, but the rump administration made rather big moves that were only possible by Eo because the legislature would never approve it.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Looks like the NeverTrumpers are going to take their ball and go home...

"More than a hundred former Republican officials, who view the party as unwilling to stand up to former President Donald Trump, are in talks to form a center-right breakaway party, four people involved in the discussions told Reuters.

The early stage discussions include former elected Republicans, former officials in the Republican administrations of Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush and Trump, ex-Republican ambassadors and Republican strategists, the people involved say.

More than 120 of them held a Zoom call last Friday to discuss the breakaway group, which would run on a platform of 'principled conservatism,' including adherence to the Constitution and the rule of law - ideas those involved say have been trashed by Trump.

The plan would be to run candidates in some races but also to endorse center-right candidates in others, be they Republicans, independents or Democrats, the people say.

Names reportedly under consideration for a new party include the Integrity Party and the Center Right Party. "

Good luck with that!
You're being critical of a group of lawmakers trying to create a legit constitutional conservative party? Are you serious?
I know this is old, but come on man. A bunch of basically career politicians and strategists, NOW want to be constitutional conservatives, even though they've ignored those ideals this whole time?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The insidious racism of low-expectations. I think Biden means well, but those types of statements/views are demeaning and insulting.
To be fair, I'm a fairly bright white guy in a rural area and I have no idea how to register for the vaccine.

I can see how there is a little whitesplaining going on here but it's a 10 second clip without context. And his point is that he wants minorities to have more access to sign up for vaccine distribution.

Plus if you look at the twitter feed this was posted from its an account with an agenda. And the person who posted it-considering his history, I think he's bipolar and on a mania right now. He has serious psychological issues.

For all the stuff Trump tried to throw on Biden, Stuttering Joe should have stuck. That man has no speech making ability and I have no idea how he made his way into the Senate 40 years ago. But he is who he is and now we get a President who has about as much skill talking to the press as I do. Not exactly ideal but it's what we have now.
They blame stuttering now, but I've seen clips from decades ago where there was no stutter. And I'm not sure, but I seem to remember someone saying he was never diagnosed with one.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I state this fully admitting I don't know for sure. But I believe many/some of Trump's EO's were just canceling Obama's. And I think many/some of Biden's are reinstating Obama's.
Probably. I don't know the breakdown myself. I'm just pointing out how hypocritical it is for someone to become a complete ghost during the previous admin in which 55 EO's were issued per year on average (outpacing the 5 presidents prior) and then once someone else is elected they don't like, suddenly coming back to complain about ruling by EO... That's not to say 31 EO's in the last month isn't a concern, just that if you're going to be griping about presidents using EO then do it and don't be selective about it. Either they're OK or they're not.
His point wasn't to be critical of Joe directly, but to point out that Joe said something about being a dictator if you have to have a bunch of executive orders to enact policy.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Well at least he isn’t a Ripest and sexual deviant like his predecessor.
He isn't called Creepy Joe for nothing
I would be curious to do a comparison and Count all of Biden’s & rump’s accusers and see which one has more.
Cheaters and harassers suck, but pedos are THE WORST. I don’t believe in the death penalty, but if someone molested my kid, I would be the executioner. Just so my stalker knows, I am not threatening anyone. I am not “unhinged”. I might need to start writing that at the bottom of every post.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I know this is old, but come on man. A bunch of basically career politicians and strategists, NOW want to be constitutional conservatives, even though they've ignored those ideals this whole time?

I always support incremental change towards better solutions as opposed to extreme swings of a pendulum. This feels like they're at least aiming for a good target instead of an extremist position. Obviously it's not a perfect solution, but what is....?