The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 3, 2010
Someone else said they would have a healthcare plan in 2 weeks.

How did that magically disappear work? “We have 15 cases and soon it will go to 0.”

How about that bleach comment?
You have got to be kidding me with this crap. It amazes me how you continue to defend this idiot while he looks you right in the eye and tells you that he’s going to destroy your business. That’s a special kind of commitment.

Dec 9, 2013
You have got to be kidding me with this crap. It amazes me how you continue to defend this idiot while he looks you right in the eye and tells you that he’s going to destroy your business. That’s a special kind of commitment.
I’m not defending Biden. I think he has made some serious mistakes along the way.

I was pointing out how absurd it is IMO to continually beat a horse when the horse you are hitched to is no better and does/did the same sh!+ in terms of making failed campaign promises and saying bat sh!+ crazy things.

What amazes me is how there are people on here who I’m betting fit the definition of conservative more than most on this board but because they don’t gargle at the balls of MAGA like some they get labeled as libs or sympathetic to Biden or Nancy.

You don’t know me from Adam, but I guarantee I am as conservative fiscally and how I live my life as anyone on this board. I will try to not compromise honesty or character to vote or align myself with anyone that does not meet my fiscal or character standards.

I’ve seen you post enough questionable content and what you think are clever memes to give me insight. You do you and keep thinking you’ve got the answers. Keep denigrating marginalized people or people who don’t think like you think they should. That always serves the greater good.

God created most things in His universe circular for a reason. He inspired scripture the same way. At the end of the day it comes full circle. Like I said you keep doing you.

Sep 3, 2010
I’m not defending Biden. I think he has made some serious mistakes along the way.

I was pointing out how absurd it is IMO to continually beat a horse when the horse you are hitched to is no better and does/did the same sh!+ in terms of making failed campaign promises and saying bat sh!+ crazy things.

What amazes me is how there are people on here who I’m betting fit the definition of conservative more than most on this board but because they don’t gargle at the balls of MAGA like some they get labeled as libs or sympathetic to Biden or Nancy.

You don’t know me from Adam, but I guarantee I am as conservative fiscally and how I live my life as anyone on this board. I will try to not compromise honesty or character to vote or align myself with anyone that does not meet my fiscal or character standards.

I’ve seen you post enough questionable content and what you think are clever memes to give me insight. You do you and keep thinking you’ve got the answers. Keep denigrating marginalized people or people who don’t think like you think they should. That always serves the greater good.

God created most things in His universe circular for a reason. He inspired scripture the same way. At the end of the day it comes full circle. Like I said you keep doing you.
Gosh, something seems a little off here. Can’t seem to put my finger on it.
:facepalm:

Dec 9, 2013
Gosh, something seems a little off here. Can’t seem to put my finger on it.
:facepalm:
You are right. I should have been more clear. To me there’s a difference between vulgarity and being an ass to and about marginalized people.

If you truly are marginalized and felt offended by my comment then I apologize.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

At some point we have to get past excusing dishonesty and failed leadership by pointing to previous dishonesty and failed leadership.

As far as failed campaign promises, Biden's comment about ending fossil fuels isn't just a failed campaign promise, it's absolute insane hyperbole. The price of gas is impacted by many factors, some within the administration's control, some not, but proudly announcing something that would clearly drive the price of gas through the roof, then a year and a half into his administration with the price of the gas dramatically up, he can just own his own stupid ramblings.

I'm all for holding people in both parties for what they say, and quoting them accurately as opposed to quoting the spun editorialized version of something. That's why I'm a fan of posting videos when I can.

Sep 3, 2010
Who thought it would be a good idea to put this idiot on a bicycle? It’s like they dream up new ways to make him look bad every day. Good grief.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1538165146333417482?cxt=HHwWlMC4kaLD1NgqAAAA

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Who thought it would be a good idea to put this idiot on a bicycle? It’s like they dream up new ways to make him look bad every day. Good grief.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1538165146333417482?cxt=HHwWlMC4kaLD1NgqAAAA
The cinematography on this is sub par.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma

I'll defend Biden on this one. The bike he's riding has toe clips on the pedals. You slip the front half of your shoe in them and they keep your feet firmly planted on the pedals and in a great position to work your calves. When he stopped, his foot got stuck in the clip when he was trying to put his foot down and he fell over. I used those type of toe clips on my mountain bikes in the 90's and early 00's and have done the same thing a couple times and I was a pretty experienced and aggressive rider. It happens. I'm actually kind of impressed that Biden was riding a bike with toe clips at his age. He didn't really need them for a light ride on a bike path though.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Maybe I should make myself more clear. Putting an 80 year old dementia riddled moron on a bicycle with or without toe clips should be considered an assassination attempt.
I picture Biden as Lloyd Bridges on Seinfeld and one of his handlers probably told him that this wasn't a good idea but he wanted to prove to everyone how agile he still was. But then that happened.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Biden to call for 3-month suspension of gas and diesel taxes apnews

President Joe Biden on Wednesday will call on Congress to suspend federal gasoline and diesel taxes for three months — a move meant to ease financial pressures at the pump that also reveals the political toxicity of high gas prices in an election year.

The Democratic president will also call on states to suspend their own gas taxes or provide similar relief, the White House said.

At issue is the 18.4 cents-a-gallon federal tax on gas and the 24.4 cents-a-gallon federal tax on diesel fuel. If the gas savings were fully passed along to consumers, people would save roughly 3.6% at the pump when prices are averaging about $5 a gallon nationwide.

But many economists and lawmakers from both parties view the idea of a gas tax holiday with skepticism.

Barack Obama, during the 2008 presidential campaign, called the idea a “gimmick” that allowed politicians to “say that they did something.” He also warned that oil companies could offset the tax relief by increasing their prices.

Biden energy adviser Amos Hochstein pushed back on Wednesday, saying consumers could save about 50 cents per gallon if Congress and the states heed the president’s call.

“That’s not a gimmick,” Hochstein, senior adviser for global energy security at the State Department, said on CNN. “That’s a little bit of breathing room for the American people as we get into the summer driving season.”

OranGE-KK

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2011
It is a gimmick. Prices have gone up by several dollars, and they're going to take the government's hand out of the cookie jar temporarily to the tune of .20-.25. Our saviors!