The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
We'll probably never know how many Trump fires Pence put out. He's a good man. Agreed on the nature of the VP office. At this point it seems like everything she touches turns into a dumpster fire. Maybe quit trotting her out there?
Yea probably, but maybe taking flak is also part of the job. I mean Trump threw Pence under the COVID bus pretty fast, but his inability to stay out of the media kept Pence from taking the fall on that one. The more I think about it, the more I think VP of the US has to be one of the worst jobs on the planet.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Yea probably, but maybe taking flak is also part of the job. I mean Trump threw Pence under the COVID bus pretty fast, but his inability to stay out of the media kept Pence from taking the fall on that one. The more I think about it, the more I think VP of the US has to be one of the worst jobs on the planet.
Or, one of the best?

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
All of this perfectly exemplifies the need to stop this madness of using fossil fuels as energy. It's dumb. It's old technology. It causes wars. Death. Destruction of the environment. We humans have screwed up so badly. We deserve to go extinct. And I hope we do. Name one reason why we should live for thousands of years to come? Well those thousands of years will not happen because of the pure idiocy of human beings, the most destructive species earth has ever harbored. We suck. It's stupid. Gas prices need to continue climbing in price so that dumbazz humans will finally start realizing the absurdity of using an energy resource that is so volatile. But you know, humans won't, because we're all idiots.
Well aren't we a little ray of sunshine.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
He posted a short clip from someone with clear bias without context. In previous examples people here who are on the right have pointed out that the clips designed to make her look like an idiot were without merit. You can disagree with her on policy but I don’t see how going off 30 seconds of youtube footage by someone with an agenda does much good.[/QUOTE]

Purely an assumption on your part that people's opinions are formed purely based on these clips. You act as though these are the only place people have ever heard her speak.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
If you spend your time watching vice presidents give full speeches you either need to pick up a better hobby or stop being so obsessed with political figures you despise.
I spent some time in an election year watching numerous debates-weird, I know.

Good to see you've cornered the market on acceptable commentary on the VP. It would appear your obsession has paid off in spades.

You also refuted absolutely nothing I said.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I spent some time in an election year watching numerous debates-weird, I know.

Good to see you've cornered the market on acceptable commentary on the VP. It would appear your obsession has paid off in spades.

You also refuted absolutely nothing I said.
So you are basing your opinion on stuff that happened 18-24 months ago? I didn't watch the primary debates (I rarely do). I did watch the VP debate though. Apparently the first presidential debate was off the rails so I figured that one might be must see tv. Pence tried to talk over her a couple of times and she wisely didn't take the bait. And all of that is fine. Those things are scripted by both candidates so as long as neither person tries to mix it up on the fly ( sorry I couldn't resist) you really don't learn anything. And both them acted like competent adults so I don't see how you can judge the performance of either based on it.

As to the question that was originally asked, I'd she in over her head? I don't know and no one here does either. Administrations are judged on how they handle the unexpected and so far the current one has kinda sucked. Granted some of the areas where they sucked (mainly COVID lingering and inflation) have been things that I'm not sure any administration would have been able to handle perfectly but I'm sure plenty of them would have has better optics in doing so. The Russians have presented then with an opportunity to shine and although so far I feel like they are performing admirably its way to early to tell if Biden is up to the task. How much of this falls on Harris? Unless you have a source inside the White House you know as much as the rest of us. So yeah, I feel like you are judging the VP based on what you have been told my the media you consume and your personal bias. And that is fine. You just have to be willing that your judges impacts hoe you see things and hopefully learn to take a step back and try to understand if you are correct or not. For the question at hand (and most policy issues for that matter) it's impossible to know for sure. But it's better to ask yourself if you think it's true or just want it to be true than to get upset because something on the news irritates you.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
All of this perfectly exemplifies the need to stop this madness of using fossil fuels as energy. It's dumb. It's old technology. It causes wars. Death. Destruction of the environment. We humans have screwed up so badly. We deserve to go extinct. And I hope we do. Name one reason why we should live for thousands of years to come? Well those thousands of years will not happen because of the pure idiocy of human beings, the most destructive species earth has ever harbored. We suck. It's stupid. Gas prices need to continue climbing in price so that dumbazz humans will finally start realizing the absurdity of using an energy resource that is so volatile. But you know, humans won't, because we're all idiots.
You are delusional.
Here's just a partial list of things that are made with petroleum. If you want to call this a biased source, then ignore the monologue before the list.
You gonna tell women to give up their beauty products, cosmetics....?

https://www.ranken-energy.com/index.php/products-made-from-petroleum/

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
"Green energy" as it is today is just as dangerous as oil in causing wars. How do you think most of that green energy tech is made? It requires rare earth material and semi conductors. Its why china wants taiwan, so they can control the entire future energy and tech market. Its also why we would legitmately be forced to defend taiwan as china gaining control of taiwan would be a existential threat.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Meh, I'm not a fan of hers either but what can a VP really "do"? It's always been a weird office in that regard. I mean Pence spent 4 years doing what besides kissing Trump's arse? And I really do think Pence is a decent man and qualified to be president, and really want to vote for a sane republican in 2024 because I think that's what the country needs to get past the Trump damage, but I'm just going to have a hard time with it based on the above mentioned arse kissing. Maybe it's just the nature of the office of VP?? Can anyone name a really good VP, and what they did that made them stick out??
We'll probably never know how many Trump fires Pence put out. He's a good man. Agreed on the nature of the VP office. At this point it seems like everything she touches turns into a dumpster fire. Maybe quit trotting her out there?
If you don't trot her out, then you are stuck with either Biden or Psaki.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2010
https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens...ng-gas-11647553480?mod=hp_opin_pos_3#cxrecs_s

Republicans know it. The European left knows it. Joe Manchin knows it. Even some of the Beltway press knows it. Now let’s see how long it takes Joe Biden to recognize that the Ukraine war has reset energy politics and that his climate agenda risks dooming his party this fall.

OPINION: POTOMAC WATCH
How Ukraine Is Changing the Politics of Energy and Climate Change

00:00
1x

SUBSCRIBE
He certainly hasn’t sussed it out yet. The Joe Biden who showed up Monday at his first in-person fundraiser as president sounded like a man in a time warp. “Let me begin by saying: [Climate change] is the existential threat to humanity,” he opened, proceeding to recite an environmental agenda identical to the one he campaigned on. Ukraine got one mention, and only then as further reason why Americans (among other things) need to “weatherize homes and businesses.”

Across the pond, things look exactly opposite. The Europeans have embraced the climate religion with a fervor to rival Bernie Sanders. Yet Mr. Putin’s shocking violence in Ukraine—his willingness to wield energy as a weapon—sobered the Continent overnight. No one is giving up on renewables, but nobody is any longer pretending they are the basis of energy reliability or security. Fossil fuels will remain for decades a currency of global power, and Russia’s invasion highlights the stupidity of being broke.
NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP
Opinion: Morning Editorial Report

All the day's Opinion headlines.
PREVIEW

SUBSCRIBE

Germany’s government is stockpiling coal and expediting terminals for liquefied natural gas. Europe is working to get more gas through pipelines from Norway and Azerbaijan. Poland plans new nuclear plants. The U.K. may restart onshore fracking and ramp up North Sea drilling. Norway plans to expand Arctic exploration.

Sep 3, 2010
This administration is a laughing stock .

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1504506974494498816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1504506974494498816%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1504506974494498816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1504506974494498816%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=
This is what happens when you continue to allow dinosaurs to run the country. Unbelievable!

Funny how much play these fumbles get in Australia and on the BBC but nothing here.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city

Your source that has a clip of SkyNews.COM.AU literally written on the screen with Andrew Bolt who has a VERY Australian accent and is a well-known conservative commentator and is on a Murdock-owned Australian channel and this is declared to be "British Reporters?"

Yes, Pelosi is a sad, bizarre feature of our politics and shows how our system fails us. But, what depths of idiocy were you dredging to find this nitwit who thinks anyone who has an accent that sounds kinda funny is British?

Sep 3, 2010
Your source that has a clip of SkyNews.COM.AU literally written on the screen with Andrew Bolt who has a VERY Australian accent and is a well-known conservative commentator and is on a Murdock-owned Australian channel and this is declared to be "British Reporters?"

Yes, Pelosi is a sad, bizarre feature of our politics and shows how our system fails us. But, what depths of idiocy were you dredging to find this nitwit who thinks anyone who has an accent that sounds kinda funny is British?
It’s twitter man. There are about 800 posts per day on here from twitter.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
It’s twitter man. There are about 800 posts per day on here from twitter.
But only one that embarrassingly stupid except when being pointed out as stupid.

And, it was from a blue check personality that has over 500K people dumb enough to follow an idiot. Something makes me think if it was a dem posting something from a complete fool you would not be as accepting given your past posts.