The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LS1 Z28

Territorial Marshal
Oct 30, 2007
it would be interesting to see the numbers for the 2nd chart for 2021.
This is what you get if you average out the 4 quarters for 2021:
Democrat/Democrat lean: 46.25%
Republican/Republican lean: 43.5%

The second chart shows annual averages, so Democrat/Democrat lean would still be leading, but Gallup's polling shows a significant shift over the past 3 to 6 months. It will be interesting to see if that carries over in 2022. It appears that Republican's haven't held a commanding annual lead in this poll since the early 90's.

2021 was a rough year for Biden and the Democratic party due to the pandemic, inflation, and the Afghanistan exit. There's a lot of blame to go around on all of those issues, but Democrats are receiving the brunt of it due to the fact that they're in power.

All that being said, people have short memories. I could see Democrat support bouncing back if the pandemic wains and inflation comes down. It will be interesting to see what happens between now and the midterms.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
No one should support that garbage. Both parties have weaponized its use...but I love to see it used cause it slows the whole system to a grinding halt and that is the best working speed for Congress
I remember hearing many times about a "do nothing congress". I always think, you say that like it's a bad thing.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Last edited:

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I caution you to believe and buy into all the stats out there. These things say exactly what the people who pay them want them to say. Take Gallup for instance. You believe that? NO..no one should. It is all smoke an mirrors both good and bad reports

Gallup: Biden's first-year approval rating at 49 percent
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...dens-first-year-approval-rating-at-49-percent
Sadly for you his approval is not 49% its 40%. When you start high your average is higher. His last Gallup poll approval rating are:
aHR0cHM6Ly9jb250ZW50LmdhbGx1cC5jb20vb3JpZ2luL2dhbGx1cGluYy9HYWxsdXBTcGFjZXMvUHJvZHVjdGlvbi9DbX...png

Gallup: Approval 40%

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Sadly for you his approval is not 49% its 40%. When you start high your average is higher. His last Gallup poll approval rating are: View attachment 94220

Gallup: Approval 40%
I think some of you have become so triggered by my screen name alone you respond on bias and anger without reading

If you go back and read my post I was saying exactly what you said. The Gallup poll is not correct and there is no way approval rating is that high...then I threw in a word of caution that published stats say exactly what the person who paid to have them publish wants them to say.

Last edited:

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
This is what you get if you average out the 4 quarters for 2021:
Democrat/Democrat lean: 46.25%
Republican/Republican lean: 43.5%

The second chart shows annual averages, so Democrat/Democrat lean would still be leading, but Gallup's polling shows a significant shift over the past 3 to 6 months. It will be interesting to see if that carries over in 2022. It appears that Republican's haven't held a commanding annual lead in this poll since the early 90's.

2021 was a rough year for Biden and the Democratic party due to the pandemic, inflation, and the Afghanistan exit. There's a lot of blame to go around on all of those issues, but Democrats are receiving the brunt of it due to the fact that they're in power.

All that being said, people have short memories. I could see Democrat support bouncing back if the pandemic wains and inflation comes down. It will be interesting to see what happens between now and the midterms.
How dare you, sir. How dare you be give such a succinct, insightful, and non-political analysis. Where's my OUTRAGE?!

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Welp everyone. Good luck with your investments this year. When the Feds start moving, moving alot, and moving fast...well the markets tend to be all over the place

but we aren't the only economy going through it
https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/status/1483872913031892998