The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I truly believe the only candidate the republicans could run that Biden COULD beat is Trump. Haley, DeSantis, Rubio, and probably a dozen more would landslide Biden IMO. And I'm not sure Trump wouldn't beat him too. There is a reason Biden lost every other presidential bid/run he ever made but won the last one. Now add 4 more years of age to an already too old president, come on...
That's super interesting - I'm of the exact opposite mindset. I think Trump at least holds serve with his voter base this time around. Whereas I don't think Biden comes close to what he had in 2020. I don't know of any other Republican that would garner as much support as Trump. Maybe DeSantis? Maybe?

Nov 6, 2010
That's super interesting - I'm of the exact opposite mindset. I think Trump at least holds serve with his voter base this time around. Whereas I don't think Biden comes close to what he had in 2020. I don't know of any other Republican that would garner as much support as Trump. Maybe DeSantis? Maybe?
No doubt Trump would get the nomination. But dems are notoriously hard to motivate, and I believe the only thing that will motivate them to come out and vote for Biden again is Trump. The typical swing voters are done with Trump I think, but would vote for a decent republican alternative. Couple that with poor dem turnout if Biden runs against a sane republican, and I think Trump is really the only losing candidate they can put forward. And I still say "losing" as a coin flip, I don't doubt he could win at all.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Don't necessarily disagree, but I think the bolded part familiarly misses the mark a bit. Imo, the last two elections have clearly shown us that people vote just as passionately against a candidate as much as they do for the other candidate. By her own comments, Hillary still doesn't have a grasp on the level of disdain voters had for her. Trump still doesn't get that people disliked him passionately enough to elect a two time loser with dementia.

A relevant question to truly ponder is what in the world is Biden's capacity going to be by 2024? I really question whether he'll be able to run.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I don't know your politics even though you post them all the time on a politics board? Sure, OK.

And, and your attempts to insult my medical talents are just like your other post, completely lacking in any knowledge of what you are even complaining about. You were triggered by me saying that some of my patients wear MAGA hats and now you feel that gives you insight into my medical talent and knowledge. You are "confident" of data that you have no ability to see? Again, sure, OK.

If you are truly "sick of both sides" did you even bother to read the posts that got grandpa85 all upset? Because, it seems odd that you are sick of both sides but are only complaining at one line from me given all that was said. Gee, that doesn't seem disingenuous at all.
If age smack is the only thing you can resort to then I recommend you focus on other things, like quality health care for the abundance of MAGA voters you encounter every day.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Biden running for President:

"I would make sure we immediately surge to the border those people seeking asylum, they deserve to be heard.
"We're a nation that says if you want to flee you should come".

Biden as President:

Amid a surge of migrants and unaccompanied minors on the U.S. southern border, Stephanopoulos asked the president, "Do you have to say quite clearly, 'Don't come'?"

"Yes, I can say quite clearly: Don't come over," "Don't leave your town or city or community,"

Anyone responsible for that many (covid) deaths should not remain as President of the US.
US Covid deaths in 2020 (Trump)370,777. US Covid deaths in 2021 (Biden) 477,144

I'm not going to shut down the country, I'm going to shut down the virus.

Biden a year into his Presidency:

“There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months.”

“There is no federal solution. This gets solved at the state level.”

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

"I would make sure we immediately surge to the border those people seeking asylum, they deserve to be heard.
"We're a nation that says if you want to flee you should come".

Biden as President:

Amid a surge of migrants and unaccompanied minors on the U.S. southern border, Stephanopoulos asked the president, "Do you have to say quite clearly, 'Don't come'?"

"Yes, I can say quite clearly: Don't come over," "Don't leave your town or city or community,"

Anyone responsible for that many (covid) deaths should not remain as President of the US.
US Covid deaths in 2020 (Trump)370,777. US Covid deaths in 2021 (Biden) 477,144

I'm not going to shut down the country, I'm going to shut down the virus.

Biden a year into his Presidency:

“There’s nothing we can do to change the trajectory of the pandemic in the next several months.”

“There is no federal solution. This gets solved at the state level.”
You forgot:

"The inflation is only transitory"

"Supply chain issues are high class problems" "Suppy chain issues? It's the tragedy of the treadmill."

Sep 12, 2008
"Gaffe-prone President Joe Biden (pictured left) was speaking about voting rights on the campus of Clark Atlanta University and Morehouse College when he called Kamala Harris (pictured right) 'President Harris' on Tuesday. Students and faculty listening to his speech at the Atlanta University Center Consortium did not seem to notice the slip-up - and he did not bother to correct himself. Referencing last year's Capitol Hill riot on January 6, he told the crowd: 'Last week, President Harris and I stood in the United States Capitol to observe one of those before and after moments in American history.' Biden previously labelled his second-in-command as 'President Harris' last March while offering updates on the vaccination program."

Sep 12, 2008
"Inflation rose at the fastest pace in nearly four decades in December, as rapid price gains fueled consumer fears about the economy and sent President Biden's approval rating tumbling.

The consumer price index rose 7% in December from a year ago, according to a new Labor Department report released Wednesday, marking the fastest increase since June 1982, when inflation hit 7.1%. The CPI – which measures a bevy of goods ranging from gasoline and health care to groceries and rents – jumped 0.5% in the one-month period from November."

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
"Inflation rose at the fastest pace in nearly four decades in December, as rapid price gains fueled consumer fears about the economy and sent President Biden's approval rating tumbling.

The consumer price index rose 7% in December from a year ago, according to a new Labor Department report released Wednesday, marking the fastest increase since June 1982, when inflation hit 7.1%. The CPI – which measures a bevy of goods ranging from gasoline and health care to groceries and rents – jumped 0.5% in the one-month period from November."
Another benchmark number for Carter, part deux!

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
"Gaffe-prone President Joe Biden (pictured left) was speaking about voting rights on the campus of Clark Atlanta University and Morehouse College when he called Kamala Harris (pictured right) 'President Harris' on Tuesday. Students and faculty listening to his speech at the Atlanta University Center Consortium did not seem to notice the slip-up - and he did not bother to correct himself. Referencing last year's Capitol Hill riot on January 6, he told the crowd: 'Last week, President Harris and I stood in the United States Capitol to observe one of those before and after moments in American history.' Biden previously labelled his second-in-command as 'President Harris' last March while offering updates on the vaccination program."
I think he actually meant 'co-president'...or a good ole fashioned freudian slip...

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have been seeing the pictures of all the empty shelves on the Internet such as this...

View attachment 94121

Last night at walmart, that's exactly what it looked like. :(
There's been huge sections of empty shelves at the Bartlesville Walmart for about a month and a half.
Quit ur bitching about ‘high class problems’ & ‘the tragedy of the treadmill’ peasant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2008
The bad polls continue..

Americans give President Joe Biden a negative 33 - 53 percent job approval rating, while 13 percent did not offer an opinion. In November 2021, Americans gave Biden a negative 36 - 53 percent job approval rating with 10 percent not offering an opinion.

Sep 12, 2008
At least Americans agree on something.

In a sharply divided country, Americans agree on this: the bigger danger to the United States comes from within. Seventy-six percent say they think political instability within the country is a bigger danger to the United States compared to the 19 percent who think other countries that are adversaries of the United States are the bigger danger, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll of adults released today.

Democrats say 83 - 13 percent, independents say 78 - 19 percent, and Republicans say 66 - 29 percent that political instability in the U.S. is the bigger danger.

A majority of Americans, 58 - 37 percent, think the nation's democracy is in danger of collapse.

Republicans say 62 - 36 percent, independents say 57 - 39 percent, and Democrats say 56 - 37 percent they think the nation's democracy is in danger of collapse.

Just over half of Americans (53 percent) expect political divisions in the country to worsen over their lifetime, 28 percent expect them to remain about the same, and 15 percent expect them to ease.