The Biden Administration Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Paige was a pitcher in the Negro Leagues. I don’t see anything wrong with calling him a great Negro Leagues pitcher. So I don’t see what Biden needs to be held accountable for outside of stumbling over his words which I don’t think is a big deal.
"A great negro at the time".

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm not making it bigger than it was. Just another gaff by an old guy struggling with his words.

May 31, 2007
Concord
"A great negro at the time".
I think he probably meant to say “a great negro leagues player” or something like that. If you are right that he meant to say what he said and it wasn’t a case of fumbling his words then I agree with you that he deserves the heat. But since I think there’s a reasonable chance it was an honest mistake I’m not going to go off on him for it. Because I don’t like it when people do that to right wingers. I’m just trying to be fair.

Nov 23, 2010
What's kinda funny is that it appears to be apocryphal that Paige even said it.

It's obviously hard to parse exactly what he was trying to say, but I took it that he was trying to place the time period he said it, when he was in the negro leagues as opposed to when he was in the MLB. It wouldn't be injecting education into it if someone said, "Mike Gundy, a college QB at the time, said..."

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
The Negro Leagues is what they are called and players from the leagues are honored as Negro League players. It's don't feel there were racist undertones to anything he said he just said it very poorly which is the pattern. I also agree if Trump or Bush would have said the same thing it would be a gigantic deal. The guy just isn't all there. The three most recent stories about Biden are him falling asleep at a summit he called a wake up call.....him farting in front of a duchess....and calling Paige a negro. Our last two presidents have been embarrassments we have to do better.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
The Negro Leagues is what they are called and players from the leagues are honored as Negro League players. It's don't feel there were racist undertones to anything he said he just said it very poorly which is the pattern. I also agree if Trump or Bush would have said the same thing it would be a gigantic deal. The guy just isn't all there. The three most recent stories about Biden are him falling asleep at a summit he called a wake up call.....him farting in front of a duchess....and calling Paige a negro. Our last two presidents have been embarrassments we have to do better.
Still hard to top H.W. throwing up in the lap of Japan's Prime Minister. That was a doozy!!

Last edited:

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm not so excited about many policy decisions by Biden. I'm annoyed by the way the press covered for him in the election. As petty and childish as it may be, the least I can do is have a little fun with his routine gaffs.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So, inflation, rising gas prices, and now we have an Iranian hostage crisis..... Hmm. All of this sounds vaguely familiar....,

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
At least with this one the hostages are not Americans since we haven’t housed Americans at that embassy since 2015. The hostages are Yemeni nationals who work for the US.
Such a small little stickler of a detail. Seriously though, the similarities with Jimmy Carter's administration are starting to become annoying actually.

May 31, 2007
Concord
Such a small little stickler of a detail. Seriously though, the similarities with Jimmy Carter's administration are starting to become annoying actually.

Carter was well before my time but through studying him I think his biggest problem was he was too honest about how bad things were. I’m not sure that will happen this time around.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Don't forget the Mariel boatlift/southern border crisis.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
Wait, what is this about? I’m not familiar with this I don’t believe.
The NSBA worked w/ the White House and sent a letter to the DOJ asking them to name parents who had been showing up at School Board Meeting arguing about Critical Race Theory etc as Domestic Terrorist.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ns...g-notorious-domestic-terrorists-letter-emails
5 Days after the letter was received Garland granted their wish: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...threats-against-school-officials-and-teachers
He then went on to Testify to Congress about this memo and actions he took surrounding it. Here are some highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYM_6kU-zT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jILwhennws

Today Republicans received info from a Whistleblower from w/in the FBI claiming that they were using counterterrorism tactics to flag and target parents. This is a contradiction of his testimony in front of Congress a few weeks ago.

Also for what it's worth the NSBA has backed down from its letter after 7 states have withdrawn their membership as a direct result of the letter.

May 31, 2007
Concord
The NSBA worked w/ the White House and sent a letter to the DOJ asking them to name parents who had been showing up at School Board Meeting arguing about Critical Race Theory etc as Domestic Terrorist.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ns...g-notorious-domestic-terrorists-letter-emails
5 Days after the letter was received Garland granted their wish: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/just...threats-against-school-officials-and-teachers
He then went on to Testify to Congress about this memo and actions he took surrounding it. Here are some highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYM_6kU-zT8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jILwhennws

Today Republicans received info from a Whistleblower from w/in the FBI claiming that they were using counterterrorism tactics to flag and target parents. This is a contradiction of his testimony in front of Congress a few weeks ago.

Also for what it's worth the NSBA has backed down from its letter after 7 states have withdrawn their membership as a direct result of the letter.
Man that’s awful if true.

Sep 12, 2008
Even Bill Maher is starting to get it...

"On Wednesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Cuomo Primetime,” HBO host and comedian Bill Maher said that if Donald Trump Jr. engaged in the same behavior as Hunter Biden, it would get constant coverage on MSNBC, but Hunter’s behavior doesn’t get the same coverage because President Joe Biden is a Democrat.

While discussing how people perceive former President Donald Trump’s behavior, Maher said, “I mean, if Don Jr. had done what Hunter Biden had done, it would be every night, all night on MSNBC, but the fact that it’s Hunter Biden and Joe’s on the blue team — see, that’s the problem with America, everything is so binary. Everything that the red team doesn’t like goes in the blue bin and vice-versa. So, every Democratic politician has to wear on his sleeve every silly, stupid woke thing that the fringe left does and the red team has to wear kids in cages and lock her up and all that kind of stuff.”