That didn’t take long. Player tests positive for Covid

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Best course of action is expose all players now and thus by June 15th they will all be full of antibodies and ready to go for the full season.

One by one infection followed by isolation will just drag this out and maybe an infection at an inopportune time

I’m not being insensitive, just realistic.

I’ve got same sentiment for my workplace

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Best course of action is expose all players now and thus by June 15th they will all be full of antibodies and ready to go for the full season.

One by one infection followed by isolation will just drag this out and maybe an infection at an inopportune time

I’m not being insensitive, just realistic.

I’ve got same sentiment for my workplace
I feel that's a little cavalier of an attitude to make that call for unpaid college student's health.

I don't know what the correct answer is; But I've had some friends post before and after pictures and it can wreck some damage to a body.

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
He chose not to practice social distancing and he now has Covid. Was the poster’s point really that difficult to decipher?
I believe the poster may have a more nuanced opinion that he wasn't fully explaining. He posts quite often on this board and I rarely know what he is talking about. I thought I would invite him to explain more fully what he meant.

You know? discuss things...on a discussion board.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I believe the poster may have a more nuanced opinion that he wasn't fully explaining. He posts quite often on this board and I rarely know what he is talking about. I thought I would invite him to explain more fully what he meant.

If you rarely know what he’s talking about, then why ask him to elaborate? It seems to me you want to accuse him of something so why not just come out and state what your accusation is? You know, anonymously on a discussion board?

OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
If you rarely know what he’s talking about, then why ask him to elaborate? It seems to me you want to accuse him of something so why not just come out and state what your accusation is? You know, anonymously on a discussion board?
My name is Matt Lewis; I attended Oklahoma State in the late 90's. I live in Los Angeles now and run the LA Alum watch parties.

Here's our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/osuaalosangeles/ - We meet at Sonny Maclean's in Santa Monica; If you're ever in town on a gameday; I'll buy ya a drink.

Does that help the anonymity question?

I may have misunderstood that @bleedinorange was aware of a causal relationship between virus contraction and behavior. I was seeking clarification that I didn't misunderstand the poster.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How do you contract trace someone who went to a mass protest? I know and work with some good folks who also went to that protest, what should I do? Is it irresponsible to do nothing? Honestly don't know and don't have any desire to impose upon the freedoms of my staff...if they were to have to quarantine I'd also have to do it. Just expressing that it's nearly impossible to contact trace and quarantining everyone when someone has participated in a mass protest. Crazy times, hope Amen get's well asap. He seems to be a very good person and not just player. God Speed.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
How do they know it was from the Tulsa protest and he hasn't had it all along and was just asymptomatic?
Boasted is talking about the on the radio right now. They don’t but he believes that was said so that anyone he came in contact with will know.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
You're overthinking a simple response. It was all that needed saying. As for any "nuance", we're dealing with a kids illness so if a thing can go unsaid, then let it.

Jun 14, 2011
How do you contract trace someone who went to a mass protest? I know and work with some good folks who also went to that protest, what should I do? Is it irresponsible to do nothing? Honestly don't know and don't have any desire to impose upon the freedoms of my staff...if they were to have to quarantine I'd also have to do it. Just expressing that it's nearly impossible to contact trace and quarantining everyone when someone has participated in a mass protest. Crazy times, hope Amen get's well asap. He seems to be a very good person and not just player. God Speed.
Just a guess, but I would bet that the tracing that will be done is within the people he has been in contact with in Stillwater. It is likley he contracted the virus at the protest, but the school is going to do its due diligence with anyone who tests positive and covering all the bases they can just in case he contracted it somewhere other than where they think it did happen.