Texas Tech

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
I would say Clemson University. Seems like a clean program and I haven’t heard of any scandals. University of Georgia comes to mind as well. You could through in UCF and Cincinnati
Elite? Clemson, yes, as i said above. Georgia has been a powerhouse for years. Especially in recruiting. UCF isn't elite and neither is Cincinnati. Good teams and programs, but not elite.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
So you want 3 fades to the TE before you say he's being used . . . OK . .. . :lol:

I don't recall a single post that said "throw it to the TE . . . but a fade for a TD doesn't count".
You nuts man !
No I don't want fades to the TE AT ALL! Especially not back to back...do I need to type slower??

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I have no idea the mental state of this team after getting curb stomped by the Sooners last week but I have a gut feeling it all hinges on what we do against Texas Tech on Saturday. If we lose that one at home, I’m betting on going 0-3 (actually would be 0-4) to end the season. If we come out strong and win that one decisively, then I’m leaning toward ending it 3-0 with a good bowl game and an outside shot of playing OU again in the CCG if Texas and Iowa State each lose one more. I’m just not sure I even want to play OU again this season as I don’t think the outcome would be much different unless we magically regain an offensive line between now and then....

Nov 14, 2010
The 3 teams we have left aren't very good.

We can play poorly, uninspired and boring and still win a couple of those games.

At that point, we have a very uninspirational 7 win season, go to a bowl and absolutely nothing changes.

Is that what is best for OSU?

If Gundy isn't going to change anything, then, as painful as this is, it would be better for our long term health to lose these 3 games.

If that happened Gundy, if not Holder, would have to make changes.

In the long term, that actually would be better for OSU.

We are going nowhere running this offense we run under Gundy

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I would say Clemson University. Seems like a clean program and I haven’t heard of any scandals. University of Georgia comes to mind as well. You could through in UCF and Cincinnati
All of those schools have far more prospects close by...Clemson has tons of tradition and sits right in between two hot beds of talent in Atlanta and Charlotte...only thing similar in our programs is small town.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Why would you expect the offense to be much improved? They had two week to prep for OU and about 2-3 months of practice before that. One week of practice that I guarantee you will never be run at full speed and you think they will improve? Results may be better since (hopefully) Tech's defense is not as good, but it will be the exact same offense.
for one if we name a permeate QB that will be a change and imho a positive. I think that makes things better by itself. We will have to see if we do better on a level playing field in terms of talent and coaching on the defensive side for them...which gave up 62 to ou a few weeks ago and 63 to Texas in week 2. We should be better just because their defense isn’t great.
Gundy did name a permanent QB - back in Sept. nothing has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You watched a different Bedlam than I did. Shane was bad. No disrespect to the kid, but no other way to put it
And Sanders was better? How do you see that? He can at least get a pass off while Sanders is taking a sack. The WHOLE 13 point scored in that game came courtesy of drives Mr Illingworth led. Sanders is epically bad, maybe Illingworth is as well but its time to turn the page on Sanders.

Nov 6, 2010
And Sanders was better? How do you see that? He can at least get a pass off while Sanders is taking a sack. The WHOLE 13 point scored in that game came courtesy of drives Mr Illingworth led. Sanders is epically bad, maybe Illingworth is as well but its time to turn the page on Sanders.
I'd like to see him one more year with a respectable line in front of him, but I'm starting to get that feeling as well.