Texas Tech at OSU weekend series

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 18, 2011
I loved the aggressive base running late. Game on the line, ball starts to get away from the catcher. I want the guys that go for it, not pussy foot around on 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Know the situation. They weren’t throwing strikes. The batter was up in the count with two balls in the dirt. That ball only got 5 feet away. It wasn’t like there was a close play at the plate, Crull had to turn around because he was going to be out by a mile. That’s not aggressive, that’s just bad base running. They were trying to give you the game.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Was Crull the runner as they were going to walk McLean anyway and chances were he would score with next walk or hit anyway. It looked like Catcher baited him to steal by slightly juggling the pitch in front of him but it wasn’t a wild pitch. These last two losses I would say are coaching faults.

Oct 6, 2012
I loved the aggressive base running late. Game on the line, ball starts to get away from the catcher. I want the guys that go for it, not pussy foot around on 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately he had zero chance of scoring. That isn’t aggressive base running, that is bad base running.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Really hated to see the game end that way. The poor base running let taco tech off the hook big time. I believe the Cowboys would have at least tied the game in the 9th.

The Cowboys made more mental mistakes and lost the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2008
On the radio they talked about pinch runners. Trying to re-enter Huey or move Crull who was at 1st to make him the runner at 3rd. Radio guys confused also

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Another sell out game. OU and TCU games today should be over by the time OSU-TT game starts tonight. I guess OSU game was scheduled later than normal Saturday game due to other events on Campus today. Both OU and TT are one game back and TCU is 1\2 game back so there will be new leader if OSU loses tonight. Now Nolan’s has TT predicted to win Big 12 and OSU losing 3 of next five.

DATE
5/13/2022
START
6:02 pm
TIME
3:54
ATTENDANCE
SITE
Stillwater, Okla. (O'Brate Stadium)
NOTES
Morris, A. faced 3 batters in the 6th.
Bogusz faced 1 batter in the 8th.
Beckel, B. faced 2 batters in the 9th.
UMPIRES
Home Plate: Chris Coskey First: Casey Moser Second Base: Jeff Henrichs Third Base: Brandon Misun

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
We need to change SRO policy to moving down to seats in 3rd inning to any seat available from beginning unless ticket holder shows up and shows their ticket for the seat as people are telling SRO they cannot have the seats near them by putting jacket or bag on seats so looks like they are occupied. Some had stated it is not fair to have someone who paid $5.00 to sit next to them as they paid $30 to $45 for their seats and other tell me they have not been vaccinated so they bought extra seats for spacing and don’t want others sitting next to them.

Does anyone know reason so many season ticket holders do not show up for games? My guess is they are in the party zone areas in the out field.

If we host a regional will they sell SRO and let them move down? My feeling is SRO is SRO and a seat should not be provided unless they upgrade, so if Season ticket holder doesn’t show up by 4th inning SRO can buy the seat and season ticket holder gets paid. They would need to have a scan function where SRO can upgrade and pay for a seat. Another option is to not sell SRO unless Stadium is already fully seated.

Seems now you have these groups of kids, teenagers, or young adults sitting in prime seats behind home plate and they may be unsupervised by parents if they are kids or they don’t really care about the game but are just here for food and beer with a cheap ticket.

Last edited:

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Just unbelievable. Gave this bush league team the game.
This "Bush league" team is getting ready to win the conference regular season unfortunately.
Yes, unfortunately I smell a home sweep by the bad guys coming,. I really hope I am wrong and would love to eat a whole plateful of crow gladly. But I suspect I will be regretfully correct with my intuition…..