Texas Tech at OSU weekend series

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Walked 8 batters. Hit 1. Wild pitch gives them a run. Struck out with the bases loaded and nobody out, and then took away a chance to win on a ridiculous base running mistake. Let's not start going down this path again.

TCU back to within a half game.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Feel like we let them off the hook in the 9th. They were reeling and couldn’t throw strikes. And McLean was in a hitters count. Gotta win tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Josh in postgame:

(after Rex says--'it was a heartbreaker, seemed like you were playing uphill all night')

"I don't see it that way--I see a bunch of kids that fought their hearts out all night and were on the verge of doing something very special"

"I'll take a kid playing the way Jaxson does over a kid who plays scared."

"I guess its all the lens you see it through"

"I love the way we fought back inning after inning. We were 5 minutes away from something special."

"A few mistakes here and there that we made that opened the door for several of their runs, we need to play a cleaner game."

"It was hard to see the game end like that, but there's nothing you can do about it."

"You have to see what could have happened, and not let them dwell on it."

"We have not backed down from a challenge all year, I don't anticipate it happening now."

"We'll pick the pieces up, show up tomorrow at 6 ready to defend our turf."

Nov 18, 2011
Equally frustrating is that run was Atkinsons late give away. Anything not in his chest he can’t catch. Would be a great candidate for the portal after this season.

Aug 24, 2015
Houston
Josh in postgame:

(after Rex says--'it was a heartbreaker, seemed like you were playing uphill all night')

"I don't see it that way--I see a bunch of kids that fought their hearts out all night and were on the verge of doing something very special"

"I love the way we fought back inning after inning. We were 5 minutes away from something special."

"A few mistakes here and there that we made that open the door, we need to play a cleaner game."

"It was hard to see the game end like that, but there's nothing you can do about it."

"We have not backed down from a challenge all year, I don't anticipate it happening now."

He can be so delusional sometimes.

Nov 18, 2011
Josh in postgame:

"A few mistakes here and there that we made that opened the door for several of their runs, we need to play a cleaner game."

I watched the same game as Rex.

poke

Wrangler
Oct 29, 2016
Oklahoma
Hate to start this week 0-2... finishing 2-2 is going to be very tough but we have the guys to do it, IF we play a clean game and execute. Free bases and inefficiency at the plate in big situations will get you beat most days, but especially in the postseason. Got to rally now.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
I loved the aggressive base running late. Game on the line, ball starts to get away from the catcher. I want the guys that go for it, not pussy foot around on 3rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk