Texas GOP votes to not recognize Biden as POTUS

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Because if they lose the evangelical block they are toast. With Trump they brought in some fringe nationalists that actually voted.
The spiritualization of support for Trump is why I no longer call myself an evangelical. I guess I am kind of a Christian ronin too.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
209. Definition of Marriage: We support the definition of marriage as a God-ordained, legal, and moral 1183 covenant only between one biological man and one biological woman. 1184

210. State Authority over Marriage: We support withholding jurisdiction from the federal courts in cases 1185 involving family law, especially any changes in the definition of marriage. 1186
These don't even seem compatible to me. Is marriage God sanctioned or state sanctioned. If it's God, then why care which civil unions the government recognizes. If it's the state then it can't be God ordained due to the 1st amendment.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
These don't even seem compatible to me. Is marriage God sanctioned or state sanctioned. If it's God, then why care which civil unions the government recognizes. If it's the state then it can't be God ordained due to the 1st amendment.
Should be the former, but I guess if we want to file tax returns as a married couple the state and feds have to stick their respective noses into it.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Because if they lose the evangelical block they are toast. With Trump they brought in some fringe nationalists that actually voted. I think w the 2020 election and aftermath we saw the nationalist combine w certain evangelical groups and have now created this unholy monster.

Liz Cheney has been one of the most conservative members of Congress. Her voting record is more conservative than Stefanic, but MAGA is out for her. They despise Paul Ryan. We’ve got posters on here who won’t even consider John Kasich. They have commercials where they are in tactical gear w rifles proclaiming they are hunting other Republicans. Their leading media voice incited these nationalists to actually confront and become physical w one of their own who is a veteran. One of the darlings of MAGA went to a “Christian” convention and was applauded for inferring that if only Jesus had an AR the govt wouldn’t have crucified him.

It’s all so nuckin futs!
The evangelicals have lost themselves. I will never, including our current senator, vote for a preacher for office. Let's clear this up further that includes imam, prophet, disciple, preacher, father, pope, cardinal, dungeon master, coven master, satanic official, yogi, monk, Cohen, or priest.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
The evangelicals have lost themselves. I will never, including our current senator, vote for a preacher for office. Let's clear this up further that includes imam, prophet, disciple, preacher, father, pope, cardinal, dungeon master, coven master, satanic official, yogi, monk, Cohen, or priest.
He wouldn't have run, nor would I have wanted him to, but I would have voted for Billy Graham.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Because if they lose the evangelical block they are toast. With Trump they brought in some fringe nationalists that actually voted. I think w the 2020 election and aftermath we saw the nationalist combine w certain evangelical groups and have now created this unholy monster.

Liz Cheney has been one of the most conservative members of Congress. Her voting record is more conservative than Stefanic, but MAGA is out for her. They despise Paul Ryan. We’ve got posters on here who won’t even consider John Kasich. They have commercials where they are in tactical gear w rifles proclaiming they are hunting other Republicans. Their leading media voice incited these nationalists to actually confront and become physical w one of their own who is a veteran. One of the darlings of MAGA went to a “Christian” convention and was applauded for inferring that if only Jesus had an AR the govt wouldn’t have crucified him.

It’s all so nuckin futs!
No wonder they're against red flag laws. Whether serious or not, they want the freedom to talk about hunting down or shooting other people without worrying about getting their guns taken away.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
No wonder they're against red flag laws. Whether serious or not, they want the freedom to talk about hunting down or shooting other people without worrying about getting their guns taken away.
By referring to "they" you're clearly referring to multiple people, so please provide the names of multiple law-abiding firearm owners who "talk about hunting down or shooting other people".

Dec 9, 2013
By referring to "they" you're clearly referring to multiple people, so please provide the names of multiple law-abiding firearm owners who "talk about hunting down or shooting other people".
I know inappropriate language comes from all sides. Schumer made comments about judges. Also I know your question was about responsible gun owners, so I’m not answering it directly.

But just in the past few months we have had the Senate candidate in MO, Boebert at the “Christian” conference, a pastor in FT Worth saying we should execute homosexuals and the R nominee for NV AG saying the current black AG (D) should be hung from a crane (claim is that it had nothing to do w skin color but does that really make it any better).

And I get people are passionate about gun ownership. I am probably to the right of a lot of moderates on this board in that I don’t think AR’s or AR type guns should be banned which probably shocks some on here who have labeled me as a lib (I do mag capacity, age and safety/skill proficiency should be demonstrated/evaluated prior to ownership along w a mandatory 90 day waiting period for 1st time buyers). But I don’t understand the threats of violence for even wanting to have the discussion around ideas.