Texas Bowl vs aTm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Football only that I combined from WIKI pages. Includes years with top 25 finishes, highlighted years are top 10 finishes. If you limit it to top 4 only then A&M has nothing since 1939.

View attachment 75651
View attachment 75652

Piggybacking off this, I already checked on baseball and basketball, 0 top 4 finishes nationally for the Aggies since WWII. Pretty unbelievable for a program with their size, location, and resources.... Not even sure how that happens.... I was also surprised to learn they've never made an Elite Eight in basketball, and they really don't even have that many CWS trips either, only 6, not that many for a program that's always pretty good year to year.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Piggybacking off this, I already checked on baseball and basketball, 0 top 4 finishes nationally for the Aggies since WWII. Pretty unbelievable for a program with their size, location, and resources.... Not even sure how that happens.... I was also surprised to learn they've never made an Elite Eight in basketball, and they really don't even have that many CWS trips either, only 6, not that many for a program that's always pretty good year to year.
But they have that band.

Feb 18, 2009
Khp is out for the whole game?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I knew that Peel had an injury, is it confirmed that he'll miss the Bowl game ?
I haven't seen anything you guys haven't. I should have typed that out clearer, I was too focused on the "we should win because the Aggie's stink" part. I have edited. Sorry for the confusion.

Mar 8, 2010
Anybody who thinks this will be an easy game for us hasn't done their homework on A&M. There's a reason they'll be favored. They've had some tough losses against some highly ranked teams. I don't like this match-up, especially if Sanders and Hubbard don't play.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Are, it's cool maybe, when you see it once, but more than that is a musicians nightmare.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I just don't care to watch a group play follow the leader for 10 minutes... All the old folks love em though and will stay and watch which makes the half-time concessions lines short, so at least there's a plus. Early half-time concessions trips was the best part of hosting them when they were in the Big12. :D

Aug 7, 2006
I just don't care to watch a group play follow the leader for 10 minutes... All the old folks love em though and will stay and watch which makes the half-time concessions lines short, so at least there's a plus. Early half-time concessions trips was the best part of hosting them when they were in the Big12. :D
Went to a game in College Station several years back. Halftime comes and I'm sitting in my seat minding my own business talking to my friends and the A&M fan next to me nudges me with his elbow. I ignore it, thinking it might've been an accident. A couple seconds later he does it again a little more forcefully. I turn and ask what he wanted and he says, "young man, in Aggieland... we stand for the band". I look out on the field as the A&M band forms their hexagons then turned back to the guy and said "I've seen this show before, it's not worth standing for". The look on his face would make you think I had just killed their Collie in front of the entire stadium, but he didn't say anything the rest of the game.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Went to a game in College Station several years back. Halftime comes and I'm sitting in my seat minding my own business talking to my friends and the A&M fan next to me nudges me with his elbow. I ignore it, thinking it might've been an accident. A couple seconds later he does it again a little more forcefully. I turn and ask what he wanted and he says, "young man, in Aggieland... we stand for the band". I look out on the field as the A&M band forms their hexagons then turned back to the guy and said "I've seen this show before, it's not worth standing for". The look on his face would make you think I had just killed their Collie in front of the entire stadium, but he didn't say anything the rest of the game.
Not surprised in the slightest.

I was in the Cowboy Marching Band though before people started actually staying during halftime to watch us perform so I've got a little disdain for the aggie band... Nothing quite as upsetting as to routinely have the stadium rush to the concessions as soon as the clock hits 0:00 for half but when the aggie band comes to town they all sit on their a$$es in amazement (and then bolt for the concessions once it's CMB's turn)... Having been in the band during that time, I can tell you that I'm incredibly appreciative of the support the band has from the fans now (even though I'm not in it) because that support has most certainly not always been there. So high fives to everyone! :D

Sep 21, 2011
Welp, y'all just got some good news. Our best defensive player (by far) has declared for the draft and is sitting out the bowl game.