Texas Bowl vs aTm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Oh they’re as dirty of a program as anyone. However, that doesn’t negate the fact that they’re really good. The NCAA will catch up with them again.
I don't claim to know anything, but I don't think they are under Rhule.

When we improved pretty quickly there was an assumption Boone was paying players and all that stupid stuff that wasn't true was posted around the conference message boards, so I still have a little innocent until proven guilty approach.

When Rhule came in, there was a lot of attention on the slime that was Baylor football, so he really would have to have big shiny ones to cheat in the face of all that scrutiny.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
I don't claim to know anything, but I don't think they are under Rhule.

When we improved pretty quickly there was an assumption Boone was paying players and all that stupid stuff that wasn't true was posted around the conference message boards, so I still have a little innocent until proven guilty approach.

When Rhule came in, there was a lot of attention on the slime that was Baylor football, so he really would have to have big shiny ones to cheat in the face of all that scrutiny.
I think Boone’s money, new facilities and Gundy’s rant endeared a lot of parents with Gundy. He takes care of his players. No slime there. Baylor still has a possible ax hanging over them.

Matt_bob123

SBC presents Mattbob
Oct 16, 2003
Based on the tea leaves this morning here my odds:

40% Alamo vs Utah or USC - lots of smoke that they want KSU over us.
10% Orlando vs Notre Dame. Orlando wants Texas, but Alamo could screw them up then we miiiiiight slide in there.
50% Houston vs Miss St or aTm.

Alamo values having a top25 matchup so we really need to pull for KSU to not be ranked in the rankings today. That becomes our best argument to Alamo.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think Boone’s money, new facilities and Gundy’s rant endeared a lot of parents with Gundy. He takes care of his players. No slime there. Baylor still has a possible ax hanging over them.
I agree with every word of this and I'm surprised at the lack of repercussions for this slime, but I don't think Rhule is doing anything shady.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Really don't want to play aTm. If we were to lose that, they'd act like they own the BDF conference (as they call it). I like having 4 years of scoreboard on them as we currently do.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
It always perplexes me when people claim to know that a program is dirty. Did any of you watch the Big 12 championship game? They're good because they have great coaching and good enough players. They looked pretty disciplined, tough, and not afraid to go after their opponent.

Our third string QB would have relegated to handing the ball off 40 times, and we would have lost by three TDs. Baylor actually looked prepared enough to handle that, and their coaches trusted their guys enough to keep attacking.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas
It always perplexes me when people claim to know that a program is dirty. Did any of you watch the Big 12 championship game? They're good because they have great coaching and good enough players. They looked pretty disciplined, tough, and not afraid to go after their opponent.

Our third string QB would have relegated to handing the ball off 40 times, and we would have lost by three TDs. Baylor actually looked prepared enough to handle that, and their coaches trusted their guys enough to keep attacking.
True, they’re not in the sec

Nov 16, 2013
tractor

Baylor's history is indisputably "dirty" with the Sr's on that team being part of that dirt. Rhule has done a good job, but his tenure has seen two published instances of sexual assault.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I agree with every word of this and I'm surprised at the lack of repercussions for this slime, but I don't think Rhule is doing anything shady.
Maybe they aren’t, but it’s just hard to imagine a program going from 1-11 to 11-1 (before the Big 12 championship) in two seasons.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

Holy crap even when discussing Baylor you slip in a backhanded insult to Gundy.

Jun 12, 2007
Alamo Bowl tweeted earlier the Big 12 opponent has never played at the Alamo Bowl and begins with the letter U.