Texas Bowl vs aTm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Camping World Bowl is our highest achievable level at this point, and we need to win next weekend to make that unless KSU beats ISU.

When we beat 0U, they and BU will still go to the Big12 Champ game and the winner gets Sugar and loser gets Alamo. We'll be #3 and headed to the Camping World Bowl. Big12 Champ 2 loss 0u or Big12 Champ 1 loss Bu ain't going to CFP. Technically we'd be tied for 3rd with ISU (if they beat KSU) but beat them and will be ranked higher.

if we happen to lose to 0U, then 0U, they and BU will still go to the Big12 Champ game. If 0U wins, I don't see a 1 loss 0U sneaking in the CFP over the #2 BIG or #2SEC this year. And no way in Waco that they'll pick a 1 loss BU over #2 BIG or SEC this year.
Thus Big12 Champ to Sugar, #2 to Alamo, ISU to CWB if they beat KSU and we'd be down to the Texas Bowl .
But an ISU loss and we'd still get CWB as #3. .

Don't buy your airline tickets just yet . . .

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
If we lose to the goons, they will be therapists again and make the playoff (more than likely) that's puts therapists in the sugar bowl, the suckclones in the alamo and us in the camper.

Nov 6, 2010
They don't have to pick in order do they?? I think since we were just at the CW bowl last year, they'd take someone else regardless.

Feb 15, 2007
They don't have to pick in order do they?? I think since we were just at the CW bowl last year, they'd take someone else regardless.
You are correct about not having to pick in order but last year we went to Liberty Bowl.

Big 12 Bowl Partners
Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining bowl eligible teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams when it reaches its spot in the selection order.
Valero Alamo
Camping World
Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas
AutoZone Liberty
Cheez-It
SERVPRO First Responder

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Looks like Orlando vs notre dame. Would be a great bowl for the players and fans. Outside shot at Alamo but that’s probably where Baylor ends up.

Espn and the committee want ou to play bama for the hurts backstory.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Okay, right now we are tied with ISU. If we lose and ISU beats KSU and Texas beats Tech then we would be tied with Texas. They would hold head to head over us so we would drop to 5th place. Which bowl would we like go to in that scenario? If KSU and Texas win then that would be a four way tie for third. What a mess!

64782138-0F25-44AF-914D-31E80C05DF3D.jpeg

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Okay, right now we are tied with ISU. If we lose and ISU beats KSU and Texas beats Tech then we would be tied with Texas. They would hold head to head over us so we would drop to 5th place. Which bowl would we like go to in that scenario? If KSU and Texas win then that would be a four way tie for third. What a mess!

View attachment 75342
Bowl games would love that cause then they can take who they want anyway and ties just make it even easier. We should travel better than most of those we would be tied with so it probably would not hurt us.

Jun 12, 2007
247 has us in the Alamo playing Oregon. CFN has us in the Camping World playing Notre Dame. CBS has us in the Texas Bowl playing Texas A&M. Bleacher Report has us playing Utah in the Alamo. ESPN has us playing in the Camping World against Notre Dame.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
247 has us in the Alamo playing Oregon. CFN has us in the Camping World playing Notre Dame. CBS has us in the Texas Bowl playing Texas A&M. Bleacher Report has us playing Utah in the Alamo. ESPN has us playing in the Camping World against Notre Dame.
We will play somewhere against someone. That’s my prediction and I’m sticking with it.

Mar 31, 2011
I'd be stoked for any of those matchups. Sure beats Purdue or Mizzou.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Hard to figure what the committee is going to do. If Georgia wins the SEC, then they are in along with LSU. If LSU wins the SEC, then the last spot will come down to ou, Utah and bama. Bama absolutely doesn't deserve it and Utah isn't a blue blood....I'm guessing the committee jumps ou up to 4. Hope I'm wrong.

IF that happens, I'd be happy with Alamo or camping world. It's ironic that we may end up with a better bowl if we lose to ou but I don't care, I hope we take them to the woodshed.

Nov 6, 2010
You are correct about not having to pick in order but last year we went to Liberty Bowl.

Big 12 Bowl Partners
Once the CFP has filled its bowl slots, Big 12 bowl partners will make selections from the remaining bowl eligible teams. Following is the order of selection. A bowl may pick from any available teams when it reaches its spot in the selection order.
Valero Alamo
Camping World
Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas
AutoZone Liberty
Cheez-It
SERVPRO First Responder
Ah, that's right, we were in Orlando the year before.