Sunday Morning Coaches - Fake Toejams Edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If I am not mistaken, if they fair catch the kickoff at the 15, they still get it at the 25. Kicking it out of the end zone ensures there will not be any sort of a return for a potential touchdown.
But they have to catch it. You put it in a spot where they'll have a tough time fielding it.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
WTF does fake toe jams even mean? Beyond terrible.
It's only terrible if you don't know anything about rock history.

Come Together by The Beatles
He wear no shoeshine
He got toe jam football

A few years ago Iowa State changed their uniforms to look like USC... fake Trojans=Toe Jams. "Fake Toe Jams" is both making fun of them for trying to look like USC and a nod to The Beatles.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
It's only terrible if you don't know anything about rock history.

Come Together by The Beatles
He wear no shoeshine
He got toe jam football

A few years ago Iowa State changed their uniforms to look like USC... fake Trojans=Toe Jams. "Fake Toe Jams" is both making fun of them for trying to look like USC and a nod to The Beatles.
Somehow it's just not fair to those of us that got it . . . . .

Nov 6, 2010
I forgot about the kickoff from the 50. As you said, should have been an automatic decision to either pop up a kickoff and pin them back around the 15 yard line, or try an onside kick. I'm not a big fan of onside kicks (percentages of recovering are too low), so I would have popped up a kickoff and try to land it around the 10 yard line.
Remember they can fair catch kickoffs now and get the ball at the 25, so pretty hard to do that.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Remember they can fair catch kickoffs now and get the ball at the 25, so pretty hard to do that.
To do what ? To Squib kick like they did to us and almost recovered ?
To Pooch kick and make them field the ball (can't get the 25 just by calling for the fair catch).

It was a wasted opportunity.

Nov 6, 2010
To do what ? To Squib kick like they did to us and almost recovered ?
To Pooch kick and make them field the ball (can't get the 25 just by calling for the fair catch).

It was a wasted opportunity.
That's true, we were lucky to get that one. I guess anytime you put guys in position to have to make plays or decisions they're not used to making it creates an opportunity.