Summer Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
A few questions for those who may know.

1. What are everyone's thoughts regarding Sparks' and Sifrit's roles? Position players or pitchers or two-way players?
2. From everything I've read it looks like Gragg is truly a big time get. What are the chances that he comes in and cracks the starting rotation immediately?
3. If Cabbiness continues to struggle, who is next man up for that 3rd OF spot? Convert Provost, Northern, or Garcia? Maybe Sifrit?

Thoughts appreciated.
1. Last I heard, they were going to try Sparks out both ways. That was before his TJ surgery, though. I really like Sifrit's speed and wish we could find a way to get him on the base paths. Like you and I discussed, speed is something we really lacked in the lineup this past year.

2. Lyons and Gragg both come in with really good numbers. Obviously, the transition is always a question mark, but Lyons was a draft pick two years ago but made it clear that he wanted to play at OSU and so went back to JUCO. Gragg was pretty high on some draft lists that I saw, so I'm assuming he said he was going to college as well. With what we have back, I think you have to feel pretty good about at least 2 of those starting spots (and possibly 3) before you even factor in the JUCO guys. And then Kelly and Polk are both good arms as well.

3. As I mentioned above, Cabbiness has raised his average pretty well over the last week. It's always seemed like it's just a matter of seeing the ball better for him. Hopefully this is a sign that it's clicked. I have no idea who's #3 if he isn't.

Feb 4, 2004
A few questions for those who may know.

1. What are everyone's thoughts regarding Sparks' and Sifrit's roles? Position players or pitchers or two-way players?
2. From everything I've read it looks like Gragg is truly a big time get. What are the chances that he comes in and
3. If Cabbiness continues to struggle, who is next man up for that 3rd OF spot? Convert Provost, Northern, or Garcia? Maybe Sifrit?

Thoughts appreciated.
3. Don’t have any idea who it will be but Provost was playing some LF for his summer league team.

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
On Tour with the Gap Band
strikeupthegapband.com
Pretty lazy list when Andrew Heaney and Tyler Lyons aren't on there.

http://okstate.com/news/2018/7/18/baseball-pokes-in-the-pros-july-18.aspx

I'd like to see Glover make it back up. When I was randomly watching one of his MLB games during his first call up, I saw him throw one of the most wicked sliders I've ever seen. Looks like he's pretty close, as he's back at AAA. The guy has been snake bitten with injuries after really showing some great stuff as a rookie. Kind of surprised Perrin hasn't moved up to AAA, he's had really solid numbers at AA.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha