Student Section Chant

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com
I have been going to college football games for a long time and I have never witnessed what happened in our student section last night. Multiple times throughout the game the student section started a “F Joe Biden” chant and many were wearing an extremely sexist shirt targeted at the VP. I trust the majority of us are on the same wavelength when I say; what the hell?

It is a dang top-25 Big 12 football game and our students are chanting against the president? I don’t get it. What’s the point? Does every venue have to be deeply politically toxic?

When I go into BPS or GIA or O’Brate the last thing I want to think about is politics. My focus is on the amazing time I get to share with my friends and family while cheering on the University I love. It really saddens me that so many in our student section are instead focused on politics instead of the joyous occasion of game day.

If any public official shows up, I’m still not in favor of chanting against them, but it’s more understandable. But unprompted during a Big 12 clash? It was gross and would be no matter what US government official they were chanting against.

Last edited:

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I was sitting in the end zone and didn’t hear or see any of that. I just observed a lot of college kids having a good time and enjoying themselves. But since you brought it up this is the proper response

“Get off my lawn!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 2, 2008
SC
This actually a fad right now. It’s happening at games across the country. It’s even a social media fad at the moment also. Not trying to make an excuse for it, but rather she’s some light in it.

Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com
I was sitting in the end zone and didn’t hear or see any of that. I just observed a lot of college kids having a good time and enjoying themselves. But since you brought it up this is the proper response

“Get off my lawn!!”

I was also in the end zone. If you weren’t hearing it you may want to get some hearing aids. It’s all over social media.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

“Get off my lawn!!”

I was also in the end zone. If you weren’t hearing it you may want to get some hearing aids. It’s all over social media.
I could use some heating aids

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
They most definitely were chanting it along with f Baylor (understandable) and other things that were game related. Not sure if there is a reason but a group from one particular fraternity were the ones starting the f Joe Biden chant for the most part.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I have been going to college football games for a long time and I have never witnessed what happened in our student section last night. Multiple times throughout the game the student section started a “F Joe Biden” chant and many were wearing an extremely sexist shirt targeted at the VP. I trust the majority of us are on the same wavelength when I say; what the hell?

It is a dang top-25 Big 12 football game and our students are chanting against the president? I don’t get it. What’s the point? Does every venue have to be deeply politically toxic?

When I go into BPS or GIA or O’Brate the last thing I want to think about is politics. My focus is on the amazing time I get to share with my friends and family while cheering on the University I love. It really saddens me that so many in our student section are instead focused on politics instead of the joyous occasion of game day.

If any public official shows up, I’m still not in favor of chanting against them, but it’s more understandable. But unprompted during a Big 12 clash? It was gross and would be no matter what US government official they were chanting against.
Not unprompted, it's been happening at college football games since week 1.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You guys sound like my wife and daughter complaining about the college female fashion statements. I'm not crazy about f-bomb chants, but everyone used to complain when the students left early and was excited about beer sales in the stadium. What did you expect?

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Anyone who spends any time in the political forum on here probably knows I'm no Biden fan but I don't like this one bit.

It's low class, it's bringing politics somewhere I'm not looking for politics and it's not family friendly.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
You guys sound like my wife and daughter complaining about the college female fashion statements. I'm not crazy about f-bomb chants, but everyone used to complain when the students left early and was excited about beer sales in the stadium. What did you expect?
It's uncomfortable if you take your kid and his friends.

Most of those students aren't buying stadium beer.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
It's uncomfortable if you take your kid and his friends.

Most of those students aren't buying stadium beer.
It's been uncomfortable since beer came into the stadium My granddaughter sits with us and I don't like the increase in vulgarity.. I agree it's not how it should be.

Mar 11, 2006
It's been uncomfortable since beer came into the stadium My granddaughter sits with us and I don't like the increase in vulgarity.. I agree it's not how it should be.
I must sit it a rated G section. The worst I hear is a guy yelling about every three plays, “throw the ball down the field”.
Oddest yesterday was a 40-year old guy, on row 1, sincerely playing solitaire on his phone the entire third quarter and most of fourth.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I must sit it a rated G section. The worst I hear is a guy yelling about every three plays, “throw the ball down the field”.
Oddest yesterday was a 40-year old guy, on row 1, sincerely playing solitaire on his phone the entire third quarter and most of fourth.
There's times I think I sit in the Samuel L Jackson Section, I can't see who it is but it's coming from behind and above us.