Stitt Globalizing

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 20, 2012

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Doesn't surprise me at all.

We probably won't find out now why they are wasting $30 million of Oklahoma taxpayer money to take jobs from Oklahomans and give it to a big company out of state despite "transparency" claims. But, I bet someday after he is long gone we will find out that a bunch of pockets got greased and favors for friends occurred. It is the way of this administration.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Since the logo is in the shape a single star it looks like something that the lone star state would love and want, TEXAS!
They can have it! He completely failed on a great opportunity to utilize local artists that I'm confident would have jumped at the opportunity. Instead we got this random generic logo and motto that doesn't remotely say "Oklahoma"...

Oct 29, 2016
US
Costs will go up and passed on to patients and hospitals.
Patients and hospitals will be sadly screwed over, all while shareholders will receive a huge payday. The perpetually-elected GOP continuously keeps this state at the bottom of every category imaginable, and yet the voters keep saying "YES, WE WANT MORE OF THAT!"

I'm not a fan of Dems (nor GOP), but at least the Dems understand that privatizing is a horribly bad idea. What Stitt has done will go down as a historical disaster. And that disaster will be at the expense of the people of Oklahoma and its hospitals. What a god damned shame.

Mar 11, 2006
What are your thoughts on the huge money spend on out of state (and out of country) companies for things that could be done very well right here?
I would certainly prefer money be spent on Oklahoma based companies/organizations if the product is similar. If the product is superior then I would hope the best company/organization would win the bid.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I would certainly prefer money be spent on Oklahoma based companies/organizations if the product is similar. If the product is superior then I would hope the best company/organization would win the bid.
Well, to be $30 million better than a $29 million bid you would think that superiority would be so blatantly obvious that they could simply explain it instead of hiding from transparency with "the lawyers tell us not to."

Mar 11, 2006
Well, to be $30 million better than a $29 million bid you would think that superiority would be so blatantly obvious that they could simply explain it instead of hiding from transparency with "the lawyers tell us not to."
Why did MyHealth submit a bid (over $100m) nearly double the amount of what Orion finally won the bid?
I will wait to read more information on the differences in the product and services, but sounds like Orion has much more experience and already does this for other states.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Why would anyone be surprised by this. This is our political system. This is how it works and has been for some time. We the people approve of it every election. Don't like it start voting 3rd party.

Jun 20, 2012
State denies MyHealth protest over bid process for health information exchange | Govt-and-politics | tulsaworld.com

There are some extremely disturbing details in the follow up article from the Tulsa World. Look at who all endorsed the local company. There is no excuse for this. Republican leadership just took a giant dump on a local, Oklahoma-based company for reasons the tax payers won't get. Most likely getting political favors. This is as Swampy as it gets.

Here's a bit from the above article:

"In November, Gov. Kevin Stitt announced that he had launched an effort to find a vendor for a health information exchange the state was designing because “Oklahoma has struggled for a decade to establish statewide interoperability with this data.”

A Jan. 19 opposition letter from 13 major entities contends that the state’s current course “will diminish the existing private sector HIE success, incur significant and unnecessary costs to taxpayers, and negatively impact the state’s HIE infrastructure, which could pose significant health and safety risks to patients.”
The entities backing the joint letter are the Tulsa Regional Chamber; Oklahoma City Chamber; State Chamber of Oklahoma; Hillcrest HealthCare System; Ascension St. John; Integris Health; Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma; Cherokee Nation Health Services; Choctaw Nation; Chickasaw Nation; Red Rock Behavioral Health; Oklahoma State Medical Association; and Oklahoma Association of Optometric Physicians.

In a Jan. 6 email to state officials, the federal office that helps orchestrate the nation’s health information technology efforts described MyHealth as “an exemplar” in using information for the public good. It expressed concern the state’s decision will “shut down MyHealth’s extraordinary work” to start from scratch a state-operated HIE."

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Stitt still believes he is the smartest person in the room. Just like another failed leader that got shone the door by the people in November.
LOL, I seriously doubt it. Some people hoped the same would happen to Gov. Fallin. Stitt will stay unless a Republican challenger can overcome him. I don't think Yen can do it, considering he lost as an incumbent state senator.

Sep 12, 2008
Last edited: