Stillwater Regional - Welcome MSU, GCU, and UA to Stillwater!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
This is 100% not true statement, when my son pitched at osu, he kept saying Josh makes the decisions on who and how long. Josh makes the final decision on who and when. Obviously gets input from Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I have been told as well.

Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
When a stat like this pops up it is a huge red flag about the mental fiber of a team. And that comes from the leadership. Weiberg needs to ask Josh some tough questions.
This is what I've been saying. Walton is easy to criticize and deserves it but this program has an established history of crumbling mentally in big spots. Take out the 2016 CWS run and look at most post season results. I don't think that is entirely on Walton. This is a carbon copy of the 2015 game vs Arkansas in the Stillwater Regional.

Nov 18, 2010
No. I think he’s doing his best to hide the fact that we have no middle relief pitching. If supposedly your best guy, Phansalker, hits two guys and walks a third in one of the biggest innings of the season what are you supposed to do? As one of the announcers stated, Phansalker is “wildly” effective...until he’s not effective.

We have given up big leads all year due to the ineffectiveness of our relief pitchers. We don’t have the complete pitching staff to go to Omaha...unless somehow they are wildly effective again.
Why does he refuse to go talk to a pitcher who's in trouble? Twice now in the last few games, Huey Morrill has given up a home run in a crucial spot, didn't get a visit, then hit a batter/gave up a double, and still...no visit? It just doesn't make sense to me, to not go talk to your guy in a crucial situation, after he gets rattled.

Sep 10, 2010
Sachse, TX
This is 100% not true statement, when my son pitched at osu, he kept saying Josh makes the decisions on who and how long. Josh makes the final decision on who and when. Obviously gets input from Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I have been told as well.
Makes sense to me that the head coach would be involved.

Apr 14, 2009
Let’s be real here.
Arkansas is just a better team. I don’t know what made y’all think that this team was going to be different then they have been the last half of the season. O-State Needs better players. Mainly PITCHING. Now that part IS on coach Walton.

Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
Griff was the DH. When McLean came to the mound, OSU lost the DH and had to go straight 9 with the pitcher in the batting line-up. Brown is hitting for Trevor Martin here.