Stillwater Regional - Welcome MSU, GCU, and UA to Stillwater!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 24, 2015
Houston
https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/

Yes he was inconsistent but he had some good touches. Wrobleski was inconsistent and still was drafted and was signed. Jon Heasley was inconsistent here and still was drafted and signed past his signing bonus. Garrett Williams was drafted in the 7th round in 2016 and was inconsistent. Mederos according to MLB is ranked 195.

In terms of Osmond, depends on the injury but even if say it's Tommy John, Wrobleski was a top 5 talent, didn't pitch well, had TJ and fell to the 11th. Either way I don't expect Osmond to be back.
What will our pitching look like going into next season? Because from the looks of this we have no weekend guys coming back.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
What will our pitching look like going into next season? Because from the looks of this we have no weekend guys coming back.
Our pitching staff will be gutted due to the draft and graduation so that's the million dollar question. We'll have a ton of young guy and some JUCO arms coming in. We'll have to hit the transfer and hope we land some quality pitchers

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Will the players start playing in summer league next week? What will I do until football in three months?

I guess I can catch some minor league games in OKC or Tulsa.

Probably OSU and Arkansas are both deserving to get into a Super Regional, and unfortunately we were paired in the same regional this year.

Oh well… see you again in February. Hopefully season ticket renewals will take into account who actually attended games this year so we can get butts who actually attend games!

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
Congrats to the team for representing OSU this year. No off field issues and they clearly were all in on the season. Did not see anyone selfishly working to position themselves for the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I don't get all this underachieving talk. We hosted a regional as a national seed, and went down to the wire against a really good team that made some amazing plays in the field to win that rubber game, and they will be the favorite to come out of that NC super and move on to Omaha. All that while losing our only lefty starter right before the post season. I don't know how many college baseball programs there are across the country, but getting to Omaha is really hard, only 8 every year. What would some consider as "achieving" as opposed to "underachieving"?

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Agreed. I don't get all this underachieving talk. We hosted a regional as a national seed, and went down to the wire against a really good team that made some amazing plays in the field to win that rubber game, and they will be the favorite to come out of that NC super and move on to Omaha. All that while losing our only lefty starter right before the post season. I don't know how many college baseball programs there are across the country, but getting to Omaha is really hard, only 8 every year. What would some consider as "achieving" as opposed to "underachieving"?
Some good points. It's all a matter of perspective. I think the main thing is that this team was ranked at or near the top 8 all year, and even didn't make it to the final 16. On top of that, the poor pitching throughout the weekend and then the lack of key hits/execution on Monday would lead many to say this team didn't achieve its potential.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Osmond isn’t a lefty but was a quality starter and a big loss. Probably a result of over work which is on the coaches.

I think most of us that follow this team closely, game in and game out, felt they underachieved. If Josh and Rob and those guys were telling the truth, not press conference speak, they expected this to be an Omaha team as well. Not sure how anyone can say they met expectations when this team was top 10 in every preseason poll, even had NC projections by some outside prognosticators. After a solid, not stellar, regular season, most of us thought we were a borderline regional host team, and that’s with our orange glasses. Frankly, we got National seed for one reason…O’Brate. Sure Arkansas was a tough team but every regional has tough teams or a team that just missed out on hosting. For me, it wasn’t lack of talent, plate approach, defense. The in game decision making, things that a lot of us question through the year, were ultimately this teams demise.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
CWS starts this weekend. My son grew up in Texas so naturally he is a big time Longhorn fan. OSU swept Texas several months ago in Austin and we were there. I really expected OSU would be in the CWS after those three games.

Now that Texas is in the CWS we may end up going if Texas gets into the final three games on Sat, Sun, and Mon. Some are predicting a Texas vs Stanford final pairing. Being I have never been to a CWS, will tickets be hard to find for the final series if Texas makes it?

I know many OSU fans are or were season ticket holders for the CWS from the Ward era and they sell their seats every year unless OSU gets there.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Current Odds:

National Championship
Probability of winning the 2022 National Championship
Initial Updated
(2) Stanford 15.8% ---
(5) Texas A&M 9.5% ---
(9) Texas 18.8% ---
(14) Auburn 9.4% ---
Notre Dame 14.1% ---
Ole Miss 14.0% ---
Arkansas 10.9% ---
Oklahoma 7.4%

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Wonder what the odds are now?
Texas and Stanford went from favorites to out and now Ole Miss and OU are the favorites:

National Championship
Probability of winning the 2022 National Championship
Initial Updated
(2) Stanford 15.8% ---
(5) Texas A&M 9.5% 5.5%
(9) Texas 18.8% ---
(14) Auburn 9.4% 4.8%
Notre Dame 14.1% 10.3%
Ole Miss 14.0% 43.2%
Arkansas 10.9% 6.2%
Oklahoma 7.4% 30.0%

Aug 13, 2005