Stephen Hawking says there is not heaven...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
Heaven (or its antithesis) is only known to those who no longer belong to temporal existence. Hawking has not yet made that journey so his opinion is worth no more than mine or yours.

He did however say: " "This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary," as He relates to the creation of the universe. There again, his inability to factor faith into the equation (as it is not part of the scientific process) is his burden to bear.

With all his intellect, he in not willing to declare the non-existence of God.

OSUCHOCTAW

Territorial Marshal
Jul 12, 2007
Stillwater, OK
I guess I'll be the one to say it: Stephen Hawking is a fu**ing idiot.

It baffles me that people flock to him for his expertise when he can't even vocalize his true articulation of material (not a low blow). Everyone knows in science that nothing can be proven, but merely have high probability rates (I know, I know).

Note: I consider myself religious to some degree. I believe what I believe in. However, I do not attend church nor sing in HIS praise. I do pray. I don't like fellow people telling me what to believe. I'm very skeptical of religion as a whole. Lots of people have their own opinions as to what is "right" in regards to religious guidelines (hence so many different branches of Christianity). Thus, I'm not mad that he "dissed" everyone's religion.

Reverting back to topic: He has his entitlement. But he's a GD moron as he does not know all the truths to the universe. Ex. Stephen Hawking could not even efficiently implement Response-To-Intervention in a school district; he does not have those skills as I have paid for and learned in graduate school. He may be a theoretical physicist, but he only lives in THEORY. There are NO tangible evidences from most of his theories. Thus, where's the proof?..His words...?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110517...radicts_self_with_latest_comments_on_heaven_1

"Whether or not there is a need for a "divine force," as Hawking stated in his 2010 work "The Grand Design," the belief in such a being is ever-present throughout humanity, as the human condition searches to make sense of the senseless. In Hawking's language: We computers did not write the source code. We only compute in an attempt to decipher it and act accordingly. "

OSU_CC

Territorial Marshal
Dec 4, 2010
Oh, I'm glad he told me this.

Now I'll just drop whatever I did believe because Stephen Hawking said so!

SiggyPoke

Territorial Marshal
Nov 4, 2003
Tulsa
I really wish these intellectuals would quit sticking their nose into religions, beliefs and others faith and stick to what they're good at. Science, theory and math.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I really wish these intellectuals would quit sticking their nose into religions, beliefs and others faith and stick to what they're good at. Science, theory and math.
Why? Shouldn't they be able to express their opinion on these subjects like everyone else? Religious leaders also stick their noses into matters of law and science. Should they stop, too?