Star Wars: Andor

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Legitimately the best Star Wars written since Empire. The entire season is near perfect and if you want to see Star Wars at its finest you need to watch this series. It is better than Mando which is saying alot. We are getting one more season which will bring the audience up to the point where rogue one begins. Seriously go and watch this series so Disney knows what fans want.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
Crazy. The dialogue alone is better than anything we have seen from Star Wars in a very long time. What is not to like about it?
It's pretty much absent everything that makes the Star Wars galaxy unique. Force, Jedi, Dark Side. It could be Afghanistan or Central America. If you didn't know the larger story, if Andor were the only thing you had ever seen, you would think they were fighting incompetent corporate goons and repressive local government.

Meh.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
And I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, I did. I just disagree with your "best since Empire."

I thought Obi-Wan was problematic with the way they screwed with the timeline. Things happened that made the exchange between Vader and Obi-wan on the Death Star make little sense. But holy crap that final exchange between Vader and Obi-wan, "Anakin is gone, I am what remains" was sheer greatness.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
It's pretty much absent everything that makes the Star Wars galaxy unique. Force, Jedi, Dark Side. It could be Afghanistan or Central America. If you didn't know the larger story, if Andor were the only thing you had ever seen, you would think they were fighting incompetent corporate goons and repressive local government.

Meh.
That's kind of the point though... It's supposed to show how the rebellion started. With regular people.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
And without regular people starting the rebellion, Luke never gets in an X-wing. So... ;)
Not to mention they dont get the death star plans without regular people. Not everything needs to be Jedi and Sith. The Jedi are an extremely small percentage of the overall rebellion same with the Sith and the Empire.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Not to mention they dont get the death star plans without regular people. Not everything needs to be Jedi and Sith. The Jedi are an extremely small percentage of the overall rebellion same with the Sith and the Empire.
Not being Jedi/Sith is what makes this show kinda refreshing for me. Makes it not "just another Star Wars show". Really looking forward to season 2 which I'm assuming should lead directly into Rogue One.