Stand for A&M but not your own band?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I was rather annoyed with my section of the stadium today (student section). We had several people who stood for watching A&M and then sat down when our own band came out. In protest I sat down during the A&M band even though my view was blocked and I wanted to see. Yet, I was one of the only people standing for our band.

Yes, I was the prick who was yelling at everyone to "get your asses up". Football turns me into a prick sometimes. I'm sorry about that, but I'm not sorry about yelling at my fellow fans to "sit down" during the A&M band. I am pretty disappointed about this.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
I really don't care about standing or not for the band. I really don't care what you do for the band. I simply care that they gave more respect to A&M then our own band.

OSUCHOCTAW

Territorial Marshal
Jul 12, 2007
Stillwater, OK
Most people probably stood to get a good look at the A&M band...much like watching a 3rd down play. The people in front of me stood to see around the people standing in front of them. No one cognitively showed more respect for the A&M band to show ours a lesson...

Aug 5, 2005
Stillwater
Listen.................. the A&M band is awesome... our band, not so much...... dont blast me. When our band can do what they can do, we will dominate in band wars all over the USA, then we will control nerdom and rule the world. the argument is stupid. Its a band playing at an ATHLETIC event... end.

Feb 9, 2007
Yukon
Listen.................. the A&M band is awesome... our band, not so much...... dont blast me. When our band can do what they can do, we will dominate in band wars all over the USA, then we will control nerdom and rule the world. the argument is stupid. Its a band playing at an ATHLETIC event... end.
The reason they are so good is because they have been doing the same thing forever once you have seen their band once you have seen everything they have and its no longer impressive at least to me. If our band played the same thing each and every time we would be just as dominate.

okstateguy987

Teamo Supremo
May 7, 2007
The reason they are so good is because they have been doing the same thing forever once you have seen their band once you have seen everything they have and its no longer impressive at least to me. If our band played the same thing each and every time we would be just as dominate.
Maybe I just like watching their band, because I like watching marching formations. Of course, they do tend to play the song in unison, so that's not the impressive aspect of it. But I do like the marching.

Our band just looked a little ridiculous after theirs. I guess the discipline is what's impressive about the TAMU band. After seeing that, you can't help but notice how our band looks like it's thrashing about the field aimlessly, with nothing they play sounding like a real song.

Personlly, I just want a bigger drum!

Status
Not open for further replies.