Stadium Renovations

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
The overriding reason OU and Texas bolted from the conference was due to a Big 12 consultant reaching out to Fox and ESPN to receive an estimate of the 2025 TV rights renewal amount. Reportedly ESPN and Fox refused to offer a renewal amount, which reportedly spooked OU and Texas that their might not be the same amount of money available from the Big 12 TV package in 2025.
After they made the decision to leave the conference, it was widely reported that best case the TV income without OU and Texas would be half of what it is today. Later a story came out that showed an estimate of only a $5 million decrease, but that's still less money than what is received today.
I have heard this before and do not put much stock in it. When, in the history of TV, NCAA or the world has a TV contract as old as this current one ever been renewed for less money with the same participants, increased distribution methods and rising costs for everyone involved? That makes no sense. They just want a bigger pie to eat from, plain and simple.

As for the second part, like most news today, one person says it, dozens of other outlets pick it up and run it under their banner, it then gets referenced as "multiple outlets" saying it but when you read way to the end of each iteration, there is eventually a statement "according to ________" that circles back to the same source.

PistolPete'sMustache

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The stadium is fantastic. Just basic upkeep and maintenance (ie new turf). Maybe some improvements to the areas where they set up tables and water stations for hot games. Otherwise, spend the funds on coaches, Knowles in particular. Give him a damn statue if needed. I assume Mike will get a statue at this point too since he appears to be finally sitting out the coaching carousel.

Jun 27, 2018
okc
Gundy is not worried about water stations or whats under the general seating areas and rightly so. He's concerned about what the recruits see and will live with if they choose OSU.

But for the rest of us, anything that can be improved and be a showcase to other visitors will be something we can feel pride in being the best.

1. Rust should never be tolerated. It shows defeat. Paint it.
2. large tv screens in the concourse area
3. No waiting lines for the rest rooms. Build more under the stands behind the main concourse.
4. Make the section behind the main concourse more attractive by adding the beer stands, rest rooms, seating areas and art of the college campus.
5. Permanent chair back seats.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
On top of gia would be a horrible idea in Oklahoma winds. And there is inside seating in gia above the Tron.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
There are seats in GIA that look into BPS, they're double sided suites.
I know that. That's what I said. They are above the jumbo Tron.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm sure this is illegal for fire code or something but... No stairs or ramp, only a narrow ladder for them to climb up to get to their seats.
Ah, the good old days before the fire marshal. Here's on of my favorite old O A&M pics:

1638538315865.png

That was in, what is now, the Architecture building.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I have heard this before and do not put much stock in it. When, in the history of TV, NCAA or the world has a TV contract as old as this current one ever been renewed for less money with the same participants, increased distribution methods and rising costs for everyone involved? That makes no sense. They just want a bigger pie to eat from, plain and simple.

As for the second part, like most news today, one person says it, dozens of other outlets pick it up and run it under their banner, it then gets referenced as "multiple outlets" saying it but when you read way to the end of each iteration, there is eventually a statement "according to ________" that circles back to the same source.
Not for sports but this is exactly how our federal government works. It works great for arguing with mom and dad too. Just reference your own BS as fact. Love it!

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
The stadium is fantastic. Just basic upkeep and maintenance (ie new turf). Maybe some improvements to the areas where they set up tables and water stations for hot games. Otherwise, spend the funds on coaches, Knowles in particular. Give him a damn statue if needed. I assume Mike will get a statue at this point too since he appears to be finally sitting out the coaching carousel.
We need to put in the Jetsons moving sidewalk for him or better yet, their flying chairs. Whatever he needs…

Feb 25, 2008
Paint the stairs and other concrete - simple/low cost for big appearance upgrade.
Move the bathroom signs that the "Beer" and I guess other concession signs have covered up so that they are once again visible.