Spencer Sanders = Tony Lindsey

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You are begging the question. How do you know that Knowles did make the decision himself? Please be specific.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Circular again....
Go back and read about Gundy making statements about the 30 front etc...

If you want to think that it's a coincidence that Gundy wanted a 30 front, now all of the sudden we're running one, although Knowles brought the 4-2-5 with him and had success at Duke with it, then be my guest.

You're going to be making that decision in the face of the fact that Gleeson, his offensive coordinator, isn't running the same offense he brought with him either, which has been said so by Gundy.
I don't care what Gundy said, I want to know how you know DC Knowles' thought processes. Please be specific.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think he wants people to bow to him as someone with insider info without having to prove it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Right now, Sanders is struggling.
I'll admit that lately I have been on him like carp on a doughball.

So, knowing that none of my rants and tantrums are going to work for his betterment....and certainly not that he needs nor cares about my suggestions, I have decided to follow Jesus (Oops! My bad. Somehow the old Baptist Hymnal slid into my thought process and submitted a song).

What I meant to say was, I have decided to Tweet quarterback Sanders and just say how much I am pulling for him. And I'm praying that the game slows down for him so he can be the type of player he and we all know he's capable of being.

Of course, there is one caveat -- During the course of the season, I reserve the right to b*tch, p*ss and moan about any player and/or coach ad nauseam.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
The way you build scheme for a guy like Sanders is you take your 4 or 5 best plays, then you start adding prongs to them.

For instance, we love to run outside zone....
Well.... run outside zone until safeties start driving down on it....
Then...With that outside zone, stop blocking the playside defensive end.
If that end chases the outside zone, qb keeps and gets underneath and burns the safety driving on the outside zone and the D end chasing the fast flow outside zone.
If the defensive end stays home and attacks the mesh point, give the ball and now the running back is downhill with a free release to the edge because the D End attacked the mesh instead of setting the edge.

If the D End stays home and attacks the mesh point, but then they start driving play side safety on the stretch, but then rolling backside safety to replace, run a hot from the backside H back right down the backside seam.

Sanders knows how to read an unblocked player in the read game in his sleep. He's done it since he was 5.

Everyone already knows how to run outside zone, and your H already knows how to run a hot/pop.

So.... You're not adding new plays for kids to learn, you're just adding a prong combining things kids already know how to do and are good at.

Then, you slightly tweak the prongs of each concept each week based on how the defense plays.

For instance...
That concept the next week might be run off of inside zone instead of outside zone which flops who the fast flow player is and who the full flow player is for the defense.

Meaning, Back attacks the unblocked D End on the inside zone. If D End attacks mesh point, qb pulls on the stretch. If D End chases the q stretch, give underneath to the back. Instead of having a hot on the back side, run a drag by the tight end, then run it to the tight end side and boot. Or run it to the tight end side and run a corner route by the tight end and once qb keeps read the safety. If he drives, throw to the tight end. If he stays home, scramble.

So...
There are a couple zone beater concepts, so let's talk about a man beater concept

Out of 3x1, against man coverage....
Have the single run a cross....
If corner chases in man coverage, qb pulls the ball down and scrambles to that side.

If they start keeping a safety to the backside because you've beat them on the scramble, now just release back straight down the seam and put that safety in conflict. He either chases the seam by the back and qb scrambles, or he stays home to cover the scramble and the back is wide open.

OU uses this concept all the time and usually their back is completely uncovered.

Not to mention, by having to keep a safety back the single, now the defense has one less player to line up the the trips which should be a bonanza for the RPO's back to that side.

Again.... You're not adding new plays.... You're just adding and or modifying your prongs with things everyone already knows how to do based on what the defense does.

This is the stuff OU, Baylor, Clemson etc... are doing and that's why they are so plug and play.

It really simplifies everything for all your players, and it makes it to where the defense can't be right.

We used to run offense like that, but Gundy didn't like it because he couldn't dictate who was going to get the ball from down to down.

And... he doesn't like qb run game because of the injury factor. He's said that many times.

So... Now.... We have what we have which is the current version of our offense, and it's a shame.
Okay. Well, that all sounds good on paper, but why isn't this being done already and why aren't you coaching somewhere? (or perhaps you are a coach, and if so, why haven't you submitted this to Gundy or Gleeson if it's so simple?) I'm not trying to be a smart*ss (for once....and one time only), but just curious.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Spencer Sanders is very talented. Has a great arm. Just struggles to see the field and make the right throws... which means his issue is an experience and coaching issue. We will learn what we have in Gleeson this offseason.

I'm willing to bet that Sanders ends his career being compared to Zac Robinson and Mason Rudolph.

Nov 14, 2010
Okay. Well, that all sounds good on paper, but why isn't this being done already and why aren't you coaching somewhere? (or perhaps you are a coach, and if so, why haven't you submitted this to Gundy or Gleeson if it's so simple?) I'm not trying to be a smart*ss (for once....and one time only), but just curious.
No

Not meant for you

And yes. .
I have emailed Gundy as well as coaches in multiple Sports about multiple things, and have gotten responses.

I've emailed people who are inside the program and around the program as well and very close to program

Next time when somebody asks me to go back over something I've written 9000 pages on, I'll use "Go back over it again" instead of "going in circles".

The answer to your question as to why we don't do it anymore is because simply that Gundy doesn't want to, and I've explained all of that as well

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think he wants people to how to him as someone with insider info without having to prove it.

He can divine the thoughts of the coaches... either that or he truly doesn't know the difference between speculating and knowing.
Read his latest comment above. He apparently has email discussions with coaches and insiders and they tell him all kinds of stuff that they shouldn't talk about to someone outside the program.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
No

Not meant for you

And yes. .
I have emailed Gundy as well as coaches in multiple Sports about multiple things, and have gotten responses.

I've emailed people who are inside the program and around the program as well and very close to program

Next time when somebody asks me to go back over something I've written 9000 pages on, I'll use "Go back over it again" instead of "going in circles".

The answer to your question as to why we don't do it anymore is because simply that Gundy doesn't want to, and I've explained all of that as well
Screenshots or it didn't happen.