Spencer Sanders at Bedlam

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 31, 2008
Oklahoma City
I was as shocked and disappointed as everyone else with the Bedlam loss. But I decided to watch the whole game anyway.
Cowboys could have quit, but they fought it out to the very end and had a chance of making it a one score game in the fourth quarter. I was very pleased with the fight the Cowboys showed the last three quarters.

Watching Spence Sanders continue to play hard, take a beating, continue to play hard, take some cheap shots from the gooners
(that should have been called), and continue to play hard. His Jersey torn, dirty and stained. Yes he threw some interceptions and had some balls dropped. But he kept playing. In spite of being injured.

The TV camera would focus him on the sidelines. Hurt, Beat Up, Dirty, Tired. And I thought to myself, "this guy is showing all of us what great character he has and what a great athlete he is, not to mention the Best QB we have ever had at OSU".

So we witnessed this past Saturday a disappointing loss. But we also witnessed a great performance by Spencer Sanders, but more importantly a courageous one.

Ride'em Cowboys, Ride'em !!!

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I was as shocked and disappointed as everyone else with the Bedlam loss. But I decided to watch the whole game anyway.
Cowboys could have quit, but they fought it out to the very end and had a chance of making it a one score game in the fourth quarter. I was very pleased with the fight the Cowboys showed the last three quarters.

Watching Spence Sanders continue to play hard, take a beating, continue to play hard, take some cheap shots from the gooners
(that should have been called), and continue to play hard. His Jersey torn, dirty and stained. Yes he threw some interceptions and had some balls dropped. But he kept playing. In spite of being injured.

The TV camera would focus him on the sidelines. Hurt, Beat Up, Dirty, Tired. And I thought to myself, "this guy is showing all of us what great character he has and what a great athlete he is, not to mention the Best QB we have ever had at OSU".

So we witnessed this past Saturday a disappointing loss. But we also witnessed a great performance by Spencer Sanders, but more importantly a courageous one.

Love the grit. I’ll give you that.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok

I aprreciate Spencer's toughness and dedication to his team. But he's not the best QB to ever play at OSU.

I'd rank Rudolph, Weeden, Robinson, his head coach and Fields ahead of him

Nov 18, 2010
He will be remembered as a gutsy, super tough kid with a ton of heart and lightning quick legs...who just couldn't throw with consistency. He seems like a real leader and it's a shame our OC couldn't design a run-first offense or teach him better throwing mechanics or find passing plays he could throw consistently...

Unfortunately, with the way college football is set up, OSU isn't allowed to to lose a game....and when you throw 4+ INT's, it's almost impossible to win. As the Quarterback, you just can't give the other team the ball that many times in a single game.

His best year, we had a stud running back and maybe the best defense in college football. He did a great job at managing the offense and extending plays. But what happened in the big 12 championship game might have cost us a chance at our first playoff. (Though I still don't know if they would have let us in at 12-1) He did lead us to a Fiesta Bowl win and that's part of his legacy.

He was absolutely great for OSU, but there were just too many INT"s, especially in big games and fair or not, if this is his last year, that's going to be part of what will be remembered.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Weeden and sanders are miles apart and it’s not even close. You can give sanders those weapons and we’re probably having the same discussion. His accuracy has never been good, especially on the deep ball and his decision making has been suspect as well..Love sanders leadership and toughness but he’s always and will be a better athlete than a QB.

Last edited: