South Dakota Gov announces she is sending National Guard Troops to Texas to help secure border....paid for by a private donation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
It's true. If you've ever read a decent amount of my posts, then you would see that they usually have wrong words or missing words and then I go back and correct it like a day later because I realize that I did something wrong in the post.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I hate to break it to you, but spelling and grammar aren't your major issues.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
She walked by a border crossing and got a photo and talked to somebody. My bad it was a photo op that was forced on her because Trump said he was going, and she had been called out on TV by an interviewer after she tried to say she had already been. That's the important aspect of all of this. None of this was to accomplish anything other than to beat Trump there and get a picture and act like she was caring. All to cover up for her inability to have done this any other time, and for her to lie about it when confronted.

So there is nothing she could have done at the border that you would have deemed "of substance".

Got it.

Thanks for mentioning Trump....is him going there when he no longer has any policy making authority as an ex-President anything other than political theater and photo-ops?

I bet you find some inane argument that his is something other than that.

You and Republicans calling her out and criticizing her for "not going to the border" sooner in the first place is itself nothing other than political theater anyway.

VP Harris hasn't been to the border.....

Now she has, but she didn't go at the time I wanted her to and she stepped on my beloved leader Trump's photo op at the border.

The whole thing from top to toes is political theater. It's nonsense.

If she was being criticized for border policies implementing policies that you and Republicans disagreed with or not implementing that you and Republicans thought should be, that would be one thing. But that requires something other than HDS.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
They are different.

Private enterprise, MLB, moved it's business, the game, to another venue to make a statement about government policy. This is entirely free speech.

On the other hand, using private funds to fund state use of a federal entity, that is not just a free speech issue. The guy isn't even a taxpayer of the state.

Imagine, if you will, the governor of, say, New Jersey sending troops to Texas to build temporary shelters for immigrants, funded by a rich New Yorker. You would not be okay with it, nor should you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The point that you continue to miss is that this guy didn't send anybody anywhere. He simply coughed up some money for something that was going to happen anyway.
The New Yorker in my thought exercise merely coughed up the money, so I addressed your point specifically.

Some people aren't capable of thought exercises.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
But he did not give her the money according to what's been reported, and tell her to deploy the troops. She was already going to deploy the troops and then he stepped up and offered to pay the money for their deployment.

And that's a critical distinction to you because......?

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
The New Yorker in my thought exercise merely coughed up the money, so I addressed your point specifically.

Some people aren't capable of thought exercises.

They are predicated on thought, not impulse after all. Not everyone has the capacity for the former.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
It's true. If you've ever read a decent amount of my posts, then you would see that they usually have wrong words or missing words and then I go back and correct it like a day later because I realize that I did something wrong in the post.

Now I am really curious on what you actually said that was mis-transcribed to she was "nowhere near the border".

Sep 3, 2010
And that's a critical distinction to you because......?
CowboyJd; Probably because South Dakota wasn't going to send service members to the border until a billionaire drove the policy decision to do so by deciding to pay for it himself. That absolutely makes the NG "open for hire"

Maybe because you continue to push this patently false narrative?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
CowboyJd; Probably because South Dakota wasn't going to send service members to the border until a billionaire drove the policy decision to do so by deciding to pay for it himself. That absolutely makes the NG "open for hire"

Maybe because you continue to push this patently false narrative?
He's free to speak for himself.....

According to him, the timing doesn't make a difference to him whether or not he thinks it was right.

Can you prove that it's a patently false narrative absent trusting what Noem and the billionaire are telling you and accepting it as gospel truth? Any.....you know...independent evidence...that it's patently false?

Aug 16, 2012
Lol. You know exactly who started doing that....and it wasn’t me.

I rarely even bother to engage with your posts and you’re over there focused on little smilie zzzs that can been done with the touch of a button because they come from me.

24/7/365
Wow, you really do not do any research at all do you? But I forgot, you do not care about facts, only your opinion which you seem to think
You must be doing something right when...

View attachment 90836
The JD school of passive aggressive participation. He is the master. I am just a grasshopper. But remember, when you comment about someone giving you a ranking, that means they are in your head 24/7/365. Or are those rules only for the cool kids?

Aug 16, 2012
He's free to speak for himself.....

According to him, the timing doesn't make a difference to him whether or not he thinks it was right.

Can you prove that it's a patently false narrative absent trusting what Noem and the billionaire are telling you and accepting it as gospel truth? Any.....you know...independent evidence...that it's patently false?
Can you prove it is not? Why do you keep on with this narrative based on your belief when published statements and news reports indicate one predicated the other? You are a facts guy. Prove your point to the judge with facts, not your opinion.

JD: Gee, Your Honor. Yes, we have a timeline of events and witnesses, but we think you should convict this guy because we think it was done otherwise. Sorry, we do not have any proof but you will have to take our word for it since we think we know more than everyone else.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
National Guard are U.S. reserve troops that are generally under the state governor's command until they are called to active duty. Therein lies the big problem, the guy is essentially buying the army.

@OSUinTX you gave me a "disagree" on this post. Please point out where I'm wrong. Be specific. While you're looking it up, from the Oklahoma National Guard Page:
1625264382126.png

at the bottom of the page:
1625264431034.png

That seal is the seal for the US Dept. of Defense, of which the National Guard are a branch.

This is from the US DoD page:
1625264559263.png

Note the National Guard under "Our Forces".

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Biden is old enough to remember the Mariel boat lift, you would think he would have learned something, if he could remember that far back. Luckily for him most of his voters aren't old enough to know about it.

Scarface 2 Electric Boogaloo

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Can you prove it is not? Why do you keep on with this narrative based on your belief when published statements and news reports indicate one predicated the other? You are a facts guy. Prove your point to the judge with facts, not your opinion.

JD: Gee, Your Honor. Yes, we have a timeline of events and witnesses, but we think you should convict this guy because we think it was done otherwise. Sorry, we do not have any proof but you will have to take our word for it since we think we know more than everyone else.
You know we’re not in a court of law don’t you pigeon? I’ve got no responsibility to convict beyond a reasonable doubt. Doesn’t make my suspicions “patently false” by any stretch of the imagination.

As for the rest of it, I’ll just quote your beloved leader hero and yell “Fake News! Fake News!

The news reports merely quote the politician and the billionaire supporter that even CocoC admits “could be lying”.

If you want to go with well they it, and I like what they’re doing anyway, so I believe it”....cool. No skin off my nose.