South Dakota Gov announces she is sending National Guard Troops to Texas to help secure border....paid for by a private donation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I imagine this would have to be done in cooperation with federal authorities on the border who could say no. Also, if the people in her state don't like it, they can vote her out. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

I do wonder if peoples reactions to this would be different depending on where they were being sent as Binman suggested....I bet plenty of people on both sides would have the opposite reaction to what they are having now.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I imagine this would have to be done in cooperation of federal authorities on the border who could say no. Also, if the people in her state don't like it, they can vote her out. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

I do wonder if peoples reactions to this would be different depending on where they were being sent as Binman suggested....I bet plenty of people on both sides would have the opposite reaction to what they are having now.
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1410050727859437568

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So the GOP Billionaire who is funding this from South Dakota lives in TENNESSEE!!

What the Crap!! how is ANYONE ok with this. Party be damned. There is no way in Hell (I don't care if your Rep or Dem) that a billionaire supporter should be able to privately pay for the deployment of the National Guard....let alone paying the Gov of a State he DOESN"T live in to activate their National Guard....and then be able to pay the State for the Gov to send that National Guard out to Protect their OWN personal and Private Political Leanings

How in the actual CRAP is this a Thing! this should NEVER EVER happen.

Pay for Play anyone !!???

Mar 11, 2006
https://twitter.com/SoDakDems/status/1409898402847014919
Securing the border has only become political in the last few years. Even when Obama ran for President he publicly was strong on border security.

The top 1% already pay for a good percentage of our border security. Plus Biden is wanting the top 1% to pay even more. Isn’t this just more of a direct payment?

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Wouldn’t Texas be better served and the money better spent by sending 50 electricians to Texas to help with their power issues?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I'm curious what people find the most troubling. Sending the unit in the first place or having it funded with private money instead of tax dollars. Does anyone know if an actual law is being broken here?

I wonder if these same twittiots would be upset if the soldiers were being deployed to provide security at a pink hat rally....I'm guessing they would not.

Lastly, doesn't the federal government have final authority when it comes to the border? Could they put a stop to it? Has anybody even checked? Why isn't anybody mad at them for allowing this...yep partisan politics.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Plus Biden is wanting the top 1% to pay even more. Isn’t this just more of a direct payment?
The bureaucrats don't get to take their cut this way.... naturally that's going to tick off the corporations who own those bureaucrats so naturally they're going to have the media they also own raise a stink about it.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I'm curious what people find the most troubling. Sending the unit in the first place or having it funded with private money instead of tax dollars.
The most troubling things. Here are a few off the top of my head

.#1 doesn't even live in the same states he is paying for the National Guard to deploy FROM and Deploy TOO. Did he go out shopping from state to state until he found one that would take his money to do this? That is a scary thought, that a Billionaire can shop around state to state until they find a state willing to rent out the National Guard.

#2 The guy paying the Tab has been a very outspoken political activist in Migration issues and from his remarks he has made in the past he was been way off in what he believes and what the actual Law says.

#3 Who has the authority to pick and choose in the state where/how the Private funds are used for National Guard Expenses? There is no way to report and acct for that money which creates too many opportunities for corruption

#4 When you introduce private money into any political system, then you create an opportunity to corruption as the private entity can expect something in return for their private money. this situation should NEVER have been reached with the NATIONAL GUARD

#5 Everyone should find it troubling that a Billionaire can privately pay for another State to deploy a Fully capable MILITARY force based on their Political beliefs

#6 The Washington DC National Guard reports directly to the POTUS. Theoretically if it is OK for this to happen in South Dakota.....then it should be theoretically possible for a Billionaire in say New York to privately pay the POTUS do deploy the National Guard Troops of DC anywhere in the US to support the Financial Backers political agenda

#7 The US Military budget is by far the biggest expense and budget in the world for any one military entity on the entire Planet. How in the world does a Billionaire now get to start paying to play for the most advanced and well funded military on the planet ?

#8 The Gov who agreed to do this has higher political aspirations and is only sending 50 Troops (which won't solve any problems) and is only doing it to gain Political Points. Private Monies used to parade a branch of the US MILITARY around to target political agenda points is something the US Military should NEVER EVER be used for

Last edited: