South Africa

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I guess at least they're not blaming the US???
China has a gigantic presence in Africa - but I'm clueless as to why they would be blamed for this. Just glad this is one of the few things you can't blame on the US (although I'm sure some will try).
When the smoke settles, I’m afraid we will find something.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
https://mobile.twitter.com/FaeceSocietatis/status/1414702084851650563?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1414702084851650563%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4842932%2Fpg23
I'm not sure this is a guy I'd be quoting. Did you read his pinned thread? Nothing but supposed quotes from former slaves about how much better slavery was than reconstruction. I mean I'm all about acknowledging how terrible the south was to former slaves, but framing it around how much better slavery was and how it is unfairly demonized makes me distrust anything he says about an African country, especially given SA's history of apartheid.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Sorry it’s just copy paste but info moves so fast. I’ve seen video of military trying to move in but also utter destruction of infrastructure. No clue how they’ll cool it down.
You are the South Africa version of Binman in this thread!

It's cool. I feel for the people there as this is nuts but I'm glad you are posting alot of info here. I haven't seen much media coverage over this (I don't pay that close of attention to traditional media so I probably missed it) so I appreciate someone keeping us up to date on the situation.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not sure this is a guy I'd be quoting. Did you read his pinned thread? Nothing but supposed quotes from former slaves about how much better slavery was than reconstruction. I mean I'm all about acknowledging how terrible the south was to former slaves, but framing it around how much better slavery was and how it is unfairly demonized makes me distrust anything he says about an African country, especially given SA's history of apartheid.
Also, with a name like Kobayashi Basilisk, we know he's a HUGE NERD* and deserves our scorn. Plus, if you're repping Star Trek and Harry Potter in your username you better not be spouting racist diatribes - no room for that.

*Am nerd, can confirm.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Yea no. I didn’t have time to read them. There’s only one worth reading and I said so.

Further disclosure is the story of two fighting over a bag food. I saw the video. That’s true. I’m getting conflicting reports on when and where that happened.

I can’t even verify if any of this is true. I’m talking with 3 people that I do know there currently and I’m getting 3 different stories. The KZN is in big trouble. No infrastructure left and a massive amount of people not from there have no choice but to continue their rampage as they have no access to food, water or safety.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Greater Durban has been mostly razed.

Some quotes
They talking about the garden route and Cape Town. Rural areas already have their own people protecting the shops in Cape Town after seeing the food lines forming in the whole of Durban and rural areas in Guateng.

Also heard the death toll in Durban is way higher. People had enough and last night security and residents starting shooting to kill. Bodies scattered in the fields that haven't been collected yet. Only when the dust settles will we see the real numbers.

From what I have heard (which is not much) this is not happening, but its just reports from family in small Eastern Cape towns, don't know about bigger places like Cape Town etc.

Destruction is in KZN right now, and may not spread this round to the rest of the country (my gut feeling is not yet, but will ultimately), but I think this should be a wake-up call to anybody who was asleep for the last 18 months that they need to be prepared for periods of at least limited food/etc.

Not picking on you personally or anything, just saying in general, your comments/situation reflects a reality that will be easily reached these days, and I think many people are still blinkered with normalcy bias despite whats going on in the world.

World is changing and going downhill rapidly, and its too late when the shtf.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Reports that Durban was raised and burnt to the ground may be over sensationalized or this video is from right before the fires.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_MohamedYusuf/status/1415016189038931974?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1415016189038931974%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4842932%2Fpg33

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Like the 92 LA riots, certain groups are becoming famous for defending their property. In KLN, the Indian community is fighting back on offense. The zulus are chanting “guptas” tonight as they ready for another looting.
https://mobile.twitter.com/advovolicious/status/1414643330043072518?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1414675338412662797%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforum1%2Fmessage4842932%2Fpg33

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
It's heartwrenching. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Just sheer happenstance that this happened at the same time a good friend traveled there to maybe move for an employment opportunity. There are two others that I’m friendly with online. For all I know they’re 10 year olds in Korea larping me but they seem for real. Some of the violence makes isis seem petty.