Softball stadium upgrades?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 27, 2018
okc
Coach Gajewski mentioned something on the OSU roundup about "this stadium deal" becoming a reality.

He has deserved improvements for what he's done for the program. Has anyone heard what they are planning?

Jun 27, 2018
okc
They can put it right there right? Since the baseball team moved there is a lot more room.
I'm sure they won't rebuild anywhere else. They'll probably add to what we have. I'm guessing adding seats at the top and adding a visitors dressing room. But it's be nice to see more than that considering what ou is planning for their new stadium. But since the big concentration for fundraising is probably wrestling, it's nice that softball is getting consideration.

I wondered at one time with Allie P. empty now whether they could move to it but my guess they are saving that spot for future parking.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I'm sure they won't rebuild anywhere else. They'll probably add to what we have. I'm guessing adding seats at the top and adding a visitors dressing room. But it's be nice to see more than that considering what ou is planning for their new stadium. But since the big concentration for fundraising is probably wrestling, it's nice that softball is getting consideration.
Figured you could readjust were it is to expand outfield seating. So its not back up to the road.

Aug 8, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Not after the Greenwoods just paid for a locker room renovation a couple years ago. Allie P would be overkill for seating plus the facilities aren’t as nice.

Aug 7, 2006
You could probably continue the stands on the first base side and that would create space underneath to build a visitor locker room. I don't think you could do that on the third base side without tearing out the current locker room and offices. Far more important for the team would be training space. Building a new indoor hitting/pitching area and training/recovery areas will be important if we want to continue to become an elite program.

Jun 27, 2018
okc
Not after the Greenwoods just paid for a locker room renovation a couple years ago. Allie P would be overkill for seating plus the facilities aren’t as nice.
If they wanted to, they could move those nice lockers over to Allie P., so I don't see that as a problem.

Having said that, I still see them staying put and expanding. Looking at it Sunday, I could see where they could expand left and right, build a standing room only over the visitors dugout and keep the standing room only over the home dugout.

What I'd love to see one day is building an indoor practice facility behind the stadium where the gravel parking lot is. The quality would be on par with what the baseball team has.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
I hope not on the rebuild. The softball stadium was built quickly and cheaply over 20 years ago, and the seating angle is almost as steep as Gallagher-Iba's. I'm glad we've been making some add-ons recently to try and patch things over for now (as I agree that wrestling has to be the priority), but when this happens, it needs to be a new facility done right.