skylar thompson out for the year ...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
Kansas State quarterback Skylar Thompson will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his throwing shoulder, leaving freshman Will Howard to lead the No. 22 Wildcats the rest of the way.

Thompson was hurt two weeks ago when Texas Tech's Rico Jeffers drove him into the ground after Thompson unloaded a pass in the Wildcats' 31-21 victory. The Red Raiders were penalized 15 yards and Jeffers was ejected for the late hit.

"He had surgery last week on an upper-body injury, so unfortunately his season is over with,” Kansas State coach Chris Klieman said during the Big 12 teleconference on Monday. The News & Observer

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
They'll get by KU next week and then will have trouble with WVU at WVU.

If they happen to make it past WVU, then its a show down with the Pokes and I like our D vs their Fresh QB

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
i can't see k-state making a conference title challenge without skylar. just not enough scoring pop without his run game. and his freshman replacement, will howard, to be legit would have to have a solid receiving threat and state has really been disappointing on the flanks. it's probably down to isu/oSu now.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I feel bad for Thompson, but I'm also now terrified about playing them, as true freshman/walk-on/emergency QB's have historically been our cryptonite. Hopefully, we can limit him to 300 yards/4 TD's through the air and another 120/2 TD's on the ground. I'm joking......sort of;-)

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I feel bad for Thompson, but I'm also now terrified about playing them, as true freshman/walk-on/emergency QB's have historically been our cryptonite. Hopefully, we can limit him to 300 yards/4 TD's through the air and another 120/2 TD's on the ground. I'm joking......sort of;-)
Didn't OSU put a 4th string K-State punter, acting as QB, into the Hall of Fame a few years ago??

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I heard it was just a tear, not a break.
When RW McQuarters was injured, I passed him in the Morill building one day. He was on crutches. I looked at him and said, “Tough break RW.” It took me a moment to realize why he just glaringly deadpanned, “Thanks.”

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
i can't see k-state making a conference title challenge without skylar. just not enough scoring pop without his run game. and his freshman replacement, will howard, to be legit would have to have a solid receiving threat and state has really been disappointing on the flanks. it's probably down to isu/oSu now.
Yea...this is bad news for Okstate.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
https://twitter.com/espnrittenberg/status/1316086522345648129?s=21
Well I am glad they at least got OU before crumbling. I was hoping they could keep strong (< 2 conf losses) to prevent OU from back dooring their way into the Big12 championship.