Show Us Your Bags (Cornhole)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Mildly surprised that I have not seen a cornhole thread on the board, so I'll attempt to get this started. Anything cornhole, but I'll lead with a pic of some custom bags I had made:

1642090592697.png

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
I never picked it up until after my recent retirement. The modern day horseshoes, I suppose, except that you can play it almost anywhere. I figured more of our tailgaiters would chime in.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Feb 25, 2008
Assuming that last photo angle is the reason that net looks so high. Just regular tennis court net will do?
If I'm looking at the right "last photo" - bottom right - I believe what you are seeing is a fence (yellow safety tube on top) dividing one court from another.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Pickleball has also become really big, and I'd never heard of it 3 years ago.

https://usapickleball.org/what-is-pickleball/
Never really understood the excitement with cornhole... someone just bastardized the old cowboys washer board game using bags. I think washers was way more fun.

As for pickleball... I was playing that every.waking.hour back in the late 80's in high school. Hell, I remember skipping classes to play for money against fellow classmates. It was serious. LOVE to see that game making a comeback. OKC was just starting to get a number of courts when I had to up and move to Houston... so now I need to find the p-ball action down here. It's fun.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Never really understood the excitement with cornhole... someone just bastardized the old cowboys washer board game using bags. I think washers was way more fun.

As for pickleball... I was playing that every.waking.hour back in the late 80's in high school. Hell, I remember skipping classes to play for money against fellow classmates. It was serious. LOVE to see that game making a comeback. OKC was just starting to get a number of courts when I had to up and move to Houston... so now I need to find the p-ball action down here. It's fun.
When we e moved to Houston (League City) in 2009 my wife joined the local Y. I was excited, thinking I could find a lot of pickup basketball. It was 10% kids basketball, 90% pickleball, which i had never seen. Swore I'd never play, but when my kids started playing about a year ago I tried it. It's really fun. Still have only played a few times, but plan to play more.