Shooting at TN highschool

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 11, 2011
And now for the rush to report the perpetrator’s name, address, gender, race, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, weapon of choice...etc
:facepalm:

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
4 kids that attend this school have died due to gun violence in the last few WEEKS!

https://twitter.com/madisenkeavy/status/1381710269471027200
So is she trying to include unrelated violence in with the school shooting? The death of any young person is a tragedy, but if she's conflating a school shooting with deaths related to other criminal behavior she's being disingenuous (and I have no idea if she is, but her scarcity of context makes me wonder).

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
...regardless of accuracy
And if it doesn't fit a narrative, it's forgotten about and buried quickly by the media.

So is she trying to include unrelated violence in with the school shooting? The death of any young person is a tragedy, but if she's conflating a school shooting with deaths related to other criminal behavior she's being disingenuous (and I have no idea if she is, but her scarcity of context makes me wonder).
I mean, those could have been gang related and this not, or vice versa.... Or maybe they are all gang related.... or maybe not..... The point is, they'll get thrown together even if not related, because it furthers their arguments. Had a discussion on facebook with a guy that said this today:

"- what about the 250 million Americans who do not own a gun, not hunt. How about the 3 percent of people everyday who look at the circus and go (like me) is this really worth it?
In one generation, two tops. This will no longer be an issue and guns will be treated like every other nation on earth, licensing, permit, accountability. And maybe we will end mad shooting by mentally disturbed people.

.... so it’s time to either stop making guns and get rid of them for civilians, which I’m personally fine with. That change is coming, no matter how you may feel about it."

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
There are currently over 393 million guns in the US (almost 46% of the worldwide total of civilian held firearms). Not sure how stopping production of guns is going to change much. That is the thing that gets me with all the gun control advocates. They act like the genie has not already been let out of the bottle and they can just legislate them all away.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Details:
Officers responded to call of a student with a gun at the school.
When they arrived the student was in a school bathroom
Officers ordered him out of the bathroom and he opened fire on them. hitting one officer in the leg but he is ok and will recover
Police returned fire and killed the student

They have changed the event from a school shooting to an Officer involved shooting at a school.

The school is a Title 1 school..meaning that high numbers or high % of the student body is from low income families which qualifies it for additional Federal Funding.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Details:
Officers responded to call of a student with a gun at the school.
When they arrived the student was in a school bathroom
Officers ordered him out of the bathroom and he opened fire on them. hitting one officer in the leg but he is ok and will recover
Police returned fire and killed the student

They have changed the event from a school shooting to an Officer involved shooting at a school.

The school is a Title 1 school..meaning that high numbers or high % of the student body is from low income families which qualifies it for additional Federal Funding.
So, two people shot? While "multiple" might be am accurate way to describe it, it is definitely misleading.