Shettron brothers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
OK, so we have offered both of them...Talyn is committed to uo, but me wonders if there is a chance to land them both now...Tabry has offers from OSU and KState (best offers)...bet they would love to stay and play together...

Oct 30, 2007
This was a huge commitment. According to 247, Talyn is the 3rd highest ranked commit of the Gundy era. Don't look now, but this recruiting class has the potential to be the highest ranked of Coach Gundy's career.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Seems like a play from HCMB book on recruiting a brother to get the other :p

Either way, congratulations on the new recruit, Gundy. Things are looking great this year in football.

Aug 19, 2006
Will be interesting to see if the Shettrons can find a way to cash in on the new NIL rules. Seems like there's a creative marketing opportunity now for the brothers to package themselves as a promotion.

The Woods family certainly could have created a marketable brand back in the day!

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Seems like a play from HCMB book on recruiting a brother to get the other :p

Either way, congratulations on the new recruit, Gundy. Things are looking great this year in football.
possibly, but Tabry was starting to get more and more attention in the past several months...he sat out football his Soph year, and played last year and seemed to just get better and better each week...I look for good/great things from both brothers, but I really think Tabry is gonna be a pleasant surprise to many in the future.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Well, Jordan Crook just decommitted if that makes you feel any better.
Squinky never makes me feel better. I first encountered the SOB in my sophomore year, 1964, vs KU. We actually beat KU and Gale Sayers, but atrocious officiating ruled a successful 2 pt conversion as no good.

Jul 31, 2008
possibly, but Tabry was starting to get more and more attention in the past several months...he sat out football his Soph year, and played last year and seemed to just get better and better each week...I look for good/great things from both brothers, but I really think Tabry is gonna be a pleasant surprise to many in the future.
Go watch Tabry's highlights. I watched those from Kolar's Jr year and these look just as good.
Not saying Tabry is the next sleeper All Big 12 TE from OK, but you never know.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Go watch Tabry's highlights. I watched those from Kolar's Jr year and these look just as good.
Not saying Tabry is the next sleeper All Big 12 TE from OK, but you never know.
yeah, I know he's good...that's what I was saying! Excited for both of these players!!

Last edited:

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
the Edmond Santa Fe to OSU pipeline just got bigger...in recent years: Calvin Bundage, Trace Ford, Colin Oliver, and now Talyn and Tabry Shettron...not to mention baseball, where it was Blake Robertson and Dom Johnson, although neither stayed past one year, and Cayden Brumbaugh and Kade Shatwell (same class as Shettron's)...pretty cool.