Shameful

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
The dude that made that disgusting comment compounded his errors. Not only did he use the slur,
it was against teenage girls,
and he talked completely over the national anthem,
then he didn’t say who did it after social media started naming his radio broadcast partner as the person who said it,
and finally he blamed a disease.

Secondarily, it also shows the ugliness and danger of social media. His radio broadcast partner’s name was tweeted and retweeted as the racist who did it. At least three people with more than 50k Twitter followers, including Jemele Hill, mentioned his name on tweets.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Secondarily, it also shows the ugliness and danger of social media. His radio broadcast partner’s name was tweeted and retweeted as the racist who did it. At least three people with more than 50k Twitter followers, including Jemele Hill, mentioned his name on tweets
This. Get your damn facts straight before trying to ruin a person's life.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
The dude that made that disgusting comment compounded his errors. Not only did he use the slur,
it was against teenage girls,
and he talked completely over the national anthem,
then he didn’t say who did it after social media started naming his radio broadcast partner as the person who said it,
and finally he blamed a disease.

Secondarily, it also shows the ugliness and danger of social media. His radio broadcast partner’s name was tweeted and retweeted as the racist who did it. At least three people with more than 50k Twitter followers, including Jemele Hill, mentioned his name on tweets.
At least the facts came out quick with the guy and the one who made the comments was quick to exonerate him in his "apology". I'd say he's a little at fault for not shutting him down early but he kinda tried to and then just went silent, and I get it. I was at a grillout a few years ago and me and two other guys were talking. One dude just randomly goes off on this insane racist rant-I don't remember what we were talking about but all the sudden he just goes off. I'm not going to repeat what he said but my jaw was on the floor. I turned to the other guy and he just says yeah. He wasn't agreeing with it, that was just the only word he could formulate in the moment. Someone starts saying those things and you hope that you can shut them down, but in the heat of the moment you get caught so off guard that you aren't sure how to proceed.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
At least the facts came out quick with the guy and the one who made the comments was quick to exonerate him in his "apology". I'd say he's a little at fault for not shutting him down early but he kinda tried to and then just went silent, and I get it. I was at a grillout a few years ago and me and two other guys were talking. One dude just randomly goes off on this insane racist rant-I don't remember what we were talking about but all the sudden he just goes off. I'm not going to repeat what he said but my jaw was on the floor. I turned to the other guy and he just says yeah. He wasn't agreeing with it, that was just the only word he could formulate in the moment. Someone starts saying those things and you hope that you can shut them down, but in the heat of the moment you get caught so off guard that you aren't sure how to proceed.
Was at the Stonewall 10 years ago before a huge game. Thinking bedlam. The manager came over before the drinks started flowing. He said he rents the apartment in the back as part of the management deal. So he invites us all back to his place for a little prefunk. We are gone only 10 minutes. By the time we walk in the stonewall, the manager yells at the top of his lungs “all n/$$3rs must leave!’ We weren’t talking about race and I have no idea where that came from but talk about a party downer. Couldn’t separate myself from him fast enough. I guess I was supposed to lecture him and pull his white card but I was so floored that the statement even rolled out of his head.