Shaka Smart to Marquette

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
This was known to be done a week or so ago...just waiting for the buyout to drop April 1st. Will be interesting where this takes Tech.

Oct 30, 2007
Oh wow. I feel bad for tech, real bad.
It will be interesting to see how the Tech fanbase receives him after leaving. He took them all the way to the NC game, but then left for an in conference rival.

Chris Beard at Texas scares me a little bit. He's an elite coach and he'll have unlimited resources in Austin. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win a national championship.

Jun 14, 2011
It will be interesting to see how the Tech fanbase receives him after leaving. He took them all the way to the NC game, but then left for an in conference rival.

Chris Beard at Texas scares me a little bit. He's an elite coach and he'll have unlimited resources in Austin. I wouldn't be surprised to see him win a national championship.
Keeping him at Tech, in my opinion, was a slight advantage to the rest of the conference due to... well... Lubbock and the challenges recruiting there. Him at tehas with those resources and being able to pull in recruits, whoa. Suck for the rest of the Big 12 as he is a damn good coach.

Jun 13, 2010
Chicago
I hope Sean gets it. Would be a very Boynton kinda move on their part. Best of luck to TT - sucks to lose a coach like that. Kinda embarrassing actually.

Now I'm really hoping the post-season ban is overturned (like Georgia Tech), because next year is shaping up reeeeeal nice. Kansas is as beatable as ever (and has much bigger issues than us), Baylor has to reload and everyone else just lost their coach one way or another.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009

He has a system he is very set in. And it's very successful. If he can get "country club" players to roll into Austin and buy in they will be very good. He can and will get infinitely better players at Texas than Lubbock. With Baylor bringing in the number 4 class this year and this, the conference just got more difficult.

Oct 30, 2007

He has a system he is very set in. And it's very successful. If he can get "country club" players to roll into Austin and buy in they will be very good. He can and will get infinitely better players at Texas than Lubbock. With Baylor bringing in the number 4 class this year and this, the conference just got more difficult.
Good, bring it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2008
Looks like ou just snagged Porter Moser from Loyola Chicago. I've enjoyed watching Loyola play over the past few tourneys so it seems like a good addition to the league. Big 12 should continue to be fun to watch and contend for the best league in the upcoming years. Just gotta wait and see who TT lands.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Unless a few portal/draft guys decide to return OU’s cupboard is quite bare. They only have 7 guys coming back and only 2 or 3 contributed. He is going to have to hit a home run in the portal or they will be at the bottom of the league next year.