SEMO at OSU baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
I’m not sure if many on this board know this, but Texas and South Carolina both made very strong plays to get Josh within the last 5 years or so. He’s a Cowboy through and through.
Never heard for sure if it was true, but there were rumors that they were also interested in Rob at one point before they ultimately settled for Pierce. I don't remember all the names, but do remember that they struck out on a lot of candidates before they finally hired Pierce.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Never heard for sure if it was true, but there were rumors that they were also interested in Rob at one point before they ultimately settled for Pierce. I don't remember all the names, but do remember that they struck out on a lot of candidates before they finally hired Pierce.
Sounding like Pierce will be history soon at Texas from talking to their fans. My guess with going to SEC they will need to get a big name HC with success in the SEC. Who would the candidates be for the Texas job?

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO
Sounding like Pierce will be history soon at Texas from talking to their fans. My guess with going to SEC they will need to get a big name HC with success in the SEC. Who would the candidates be for the Texas job?
Knowing the arrogance of texass they probably think they're going to hire away the entire ATL Braves coaching staff.

This is only David Pierce's fifth full season (removing 2020), and in that time, aside from one season missing the playoffs, he's been at least to a regional final and to Omaha twice. This year has been disappointing, sure, but despite injuries they're not missing the playoffs and could still make some noise, baseball is funny like that. They better be careful or the baseball team will end up like football and basketball, throwing stupid money at the biggest name coach that will take it every 3 years because you fired the last one for not being able to succeed in your toxic culture. Not that I wouldn't giggle with joy at that fact, just saying that's the path they're on.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
Knowing the arrogance of texass they probably think they're going to hire away the entire ATL Braves coaching staff.

This is only David Pierce's fifth full season (removing 2020), and in that time, aside from one season missing the playoffs, he's been at least to a regional final and to Omaha twice. This year has been disappointing, sure, but despite injuries they're not missing the playoffs and could still make some noise, baseball is funny like that. They better be careful or the baseball team will end up like football and basketball, throwing stupid money at the biggest name coach that will take it every 3 years because you fired the last one for not being able to succeed in your toxic culture. Not that I wouldn't giggle with joy at that fact, just saying that's the path they're on.
Totally agree. They were awful in 2016 (barely snuck into the regionals, IIRC), but turned it on and ended up in Omaha.

PistolPete'sMustache

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
David Pierce was just extended last year. They made the CWS last year. They aren't going to fire him for one mediocre season, and he could still make a post season run. They might consider a change before the SEC jump, but only if he struggles for the next few seasons.

Nov 6, 2010
Thought I'd take a moment to share my first O'brate experience at the game Saturday. Amazing stadium and the weather was perfect. Obviously the result was excellent as well. The grass looked so good it was hard to believe it was natural. I was a little surprised at how few people were in their reserved seats compared to how few there were available for purchase, especially for a Saturday night, but I guess that's just season ticket holders not being able to attend. It was nice they let the GA ticket purchasers grab those seats after the 3rd. Love the idea behind the grilling areas and the ample space for walking around while still able to keep an eye on the game. Really the only thing negative I can some up with was the plain concrete wall in right field. Hopefully there are plans to do something with that soon. I can't wait to get to another game.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Thought I'd take a moment to share my first O'brate experience at the game Saturday. Amazing stadium and the weather was perfect. Obviously the result was excellent as well. The grass looked so good it was hard to believe it was natural. I was a little surprised at how few people were in their reserved seats compared to how few there were available for purchase, especially for a Saturday night, but I guess that's just season ticket holders not being able to attend. It was nice they let the GA ticket purchasers grab those seats after the 3rd. Love the idea behind the grilling areas and the ample space for walking around while still able to keep an eye on the game. Really the only thing negative I can some up with was the plain concrete wall in right field. Hopefully there are plans to do something with that soon. I can't wait to get to another game.
Plans are for the cement to be painted and an artist will compete a mural in Bull Pen and Dug Out areas. Children’s play area in right field area and painting will happen before next year. All or most of the prime seating was bought by older season ticket holders from APR. Some have Club and-or Suite privileges and go back and forth. I plan on doing this next year to have two in Club and 2 in lower level and go back and forth. My guess is they will develop a system where season ticket holders will be paid when there seats are sold when they don’t attend.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Plans are for the cement to be painted and an artist will compete a mural in Bull Pen and Dug Out areas. Children’s play area in right field area and painting will happen before next year. All or most of the prime seating was bought by older season ticket holders from APR. Some have Club and-or Suite privileges and go back and forth. I plan on doing this next year to have two in Club and 2 in lower level and go back and forth. My guess is they will develop a system where season ticket holders will be paid when there seats are sold when they don’t attend.
I’ll beat the head horse… any rumors on when the batter’s eye will be fixed?

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Anyone have any idea what club level tickets cost? It doesn't list a specific price on the OSU website. They might be a great investment.
$2300 per seat and they won’t sell part season or individual games despite having 30-40 seats available. I spend some $30 to $50 dollars a game on food and drinks. Food and snack free in Club Level and you can get mixed drinks and better beer.
This year we had 29 home games and one was cancelled.If you include a regional and super regional it would be 36 Home games so pending 29 or 36 would respectively be $79 to $63 per game so if you are spending $50 bucks per game in the lower level on food it may be more cost saving to buy Club Level.

Last edited: