Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We were able to win being one dimensional through two games. I don’t think you want to do the comparison with RBs.
That's all you took out of it? I simply noted a hypothetical situation where osu was without the top 4 rushers they had last year. It would be rather ugly for them if that were the case.

If they would leave the PEDs alone they wouldn't get suspended.
Weed does not enhance performance

Your elite receiver envy is cute.
Definitely not envious of the one receiver osu has. Osu is 8th in out of 10 teams in passing this year. Guess who is 1st. Since you disparage the OU qb like he sucks, it must be his receivers.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Definitely not envious of the one receiver osu has. Osu is 8th in out of 10 teams in passing this year. Guess who is 1st. Since you disparage the OU qb like he sucks, it must be his receivers.
I've never disparaged him like he sucks, I've disparaged him because he's just another in a long line of ou players who are complete dicks. It's the culture in Norman.

Also, 1st in passing = 2 losses (so far). Hang your hat on that.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I've never disparaged him like he sucks, I've disparaged him because he's just another in a long line of ou players who are complete dicks. It's the culture in Norman.

Also, 1st in passing = 2 losses (so far). Hang your hat on that.
How you feel about them is completely irrelevant.

1st in passing doesnt equal 2 losses. 1st in passing simply means first in passing. It has no relation to the win loss record as OU has been 1st in passing many times with many different records. Having a solid pass game typically elevates a team's chances and keeps the team in games.

I am not hanging my hat on anything, I am observing that i am not envious of osu's 1 receiver and loathsome pass game as they are 8th in a 10 team conference in passing. You can justify it with the record, if you like, but the record is what it is despite the lack of a pass game, and this is was clearly the easiest stretch of games they'll have all season. It will have to improve significantly if they expect to compete for the CCG.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
How you feel about them is completely irrelevant.

1st in passing doesnt equal 2 losses. 1st in passing simply means first in passing. It has no relation to the win loss record as OU has been 1st in passing many times with many different records. Having a solid pass game typically elevates a team's chances and keeps the team in games.

I am not hanging my hat on anything, I am observing that i am not envious of osu's 1 receiver and loathsome pass game as they are 8th in a 10 team conference in passing. You can justify it with the record, if you like, but the record is what it is despite the lack of a pass game, and this is was clearly the easiest stretch of games they'll have all season. It will have to improve significantly if they expect to compete for the CCG.
What you feel is irrelevant is completely irrelevant. 3-0 > 2-2. In fact, looking at the rankings, 0-0 > 2-2.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
We will enjoy our ranking longer than you enjoyed yours.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Who actually "enjoys" irrelevant polls in october anyway? Enjoy what CFP poll ranks your team, not the other polls which have been rendered meaningless by the playoff.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
That's all you took out of it? I simply noted a hypothetical situation where osu was without the top 4 rushers they had last year. It would be rather ugly for them if that were the case.

Weed does not enhance performance

They have never officially said what the infraction is, the penalty is the same as PEDs

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
LOL, squat fans....you know, but only if their team is included.
Only stupid people care about irrelevant polls.

If you were ranked #6 and we were unranked I'm dead certain you wouldn't think them irrelevant.
I always think they are irrelevant, regardless of where my or your teams are. In the CFP era, these polls are worth about as much as a degree from trump university.

They have never officially said what the infraction is, the penalty is the same as PEDs
No it's not, the penalty for PED is 365 days. It's kind of a terribly kept secret that they got busted for smoking the reefer, you have no reason to be daft.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
If you really think the pre-CFP polls don't sway the committe, then you are a stupid people.
It might be a very insignificant factor in their first rankings release simply for the sake of reference, but they remain meaningless except for stupid people to discuss amongst themselves. There really is no reason they even exist anymore. Just the last vestige of a bygone era.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
It might be a very insignificant factor in their first rankings release simply for the sake of reference, but they remain meaningless except for stupid people to discuss amongst themselves. There really is no reason they even exist anymore. Just the last vestige of a bygone era.
You live in a river of denial if you don't think pre-season and early rankings didn't get your beloved team in the playoffs on at least 2 occassions. Where they then proved they didn't belong.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Only stupid people care about irrelevant polls.

I always think they are irrelevant, regardless of where my or your teams are. In the CFP era, these polls are worth about as much as a degree from trump university.

No it's not, the penalty for PED is 365 days. It's kind of a terribly kept secret that they got busted for smoking the reefer, you have no reason to be daft.
Would you care to wager it was pot?