Season predictions

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 9, 2004
Yukon, OK
www.evilface.com
Awww... you guys are getting a lot of mileage here. That’s fun.

OU seemingly always has that one stupid loss every year.

You guys do too. It just hasn’t happened yet. Keyword is yet. OU’s problems on Saturday are fixable. You forget who’s had one stupid loss every year the last five years and still won the conference and beat yalls ass every year.

Have fun this week though. Your team will have a come to Jesus experience too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: Poster child for vicariously living through a sports team. :lol:

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You know you eeked by West Virginia, put up 334 yards of total offense and can’t throw the ball, right?

You really think that’s gonna hold up all season?

Weak come back. I thought you were supposed to be smart with football. You like to act like it. Let me help you understand...

We're playing a true freshman QB that's hardly practiced - nuff said.

We put up over 200 yards on the ground behind an OL that, one, could hardly block Tulsa, and, two, was up against the best DL in the conference with the box stacked. Yup. The best DL is not in Norman no matter how alpha-ey your Defense Jesus says it is. That guy didn't even call plays at tOSU. But that's a huge step in progress from TU to WV for our OL.

We have KU next and then a bye week before Baylor. Sanders suited up as QB2 vs WV and is getting healthier. Since we're playing KU, he essentially has two more weeks of rest before Baylor, if needed. We're loaded at WR and we'll be slinging the ball if/when he returns. Don't you worry a single bit. ;)

Last edited:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
You know you eeked by West Virginia, put up 334 yards of total offense and can’t throw the ball, right?

*eked. "eeked" would be screaming like a scared little girl, which is what y'all did Saturday.

Good teams win ugly, bad teams lose ugly.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
And the offensive lineman who opted out was a thing three weeks ago. It’s Covid related and he’s coming back next year. He’s supposed to be Creed Humphreys replacement.

You mean he's the backup for the guy that got hurt saturday? That guy?
Creed was out for maybe a series or two with cramps.

Try and keep up.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Weak come back. I thought you were supposed to be smart with football. You like to act like it. Let me help you understand...

We're playing a true freshman QB that's hardly practiced - nuff said.

We put up over 200 yards on the ground behind an OL that, one, could hardly block Tulsa, and, two, was up against the best DL in the conference with the box stacked. Yup. The best DL is not in Norman no matter how alpha-ey your Defense Jesus says it is. That guy didn't even call plays at tOSU. But that's a huge step in progress from TU to WV for our OL.

We have KU next and then a bye week before Baylor. Sanders suited up as QB2 vs WV and is getting healthier. Since we're playing KU, he essentially has two more weeks of rest before Baylor, if needed. We're loaded at WR and we'll be slinging the ball if/when he returns. Don't you worry a single bit. ;)
I’m worried just about like every other year you guys said you were gonna knock the crown off OU’s head and failed to do it.

I’m not seeing how this year is any different.

The only team with a track record of success in this conference is the one you’re badmouthing.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

*eked. "eeked" would be screaming like a scared little girl, which is what y'all did Saturday.

Good teams win ugly, bad teams lose ugly.
It’s September.

OU lost by three points and gave up four turnovers and had a blocked punt.

Three points. With all that going against them.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
I’m worried just about like every other year you guys said you were gonna knock the crown off OU’s head and failed to do it.

The only team with a track record of success in this conference is the one you’re badmouthing.

I gave up picking OSU over OU several years back. Even when we should win, we find a way to lose. It'll have to happen when it happens. I never picked OSU over OU.

However, bad mouthing OU is a blast because you guys hold them to such a high standard every year and get the rug pulled out from under you. This year was the craziest standard I've ever seen. You really believe your scout team OL would start for many schools. You really believed Rattler would be flawless. You really believed the D was elite. You really believed you'd go undefeated.

Welcome back to reality. We've all been waiting on you and it didn't take very long.

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
It’s September.

24 unanswered is what you should be addressing. 35 points should be enough to beat KSU at full strength just like Arky State did in Manhattan.

Dec 11, 2011
One thing that hasn’t been said; I find it amazing that KSU staged that comeback with their QB hobbled. That made OU’s collapse even worse...

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Try and keep up.

His backup quit the team. You're the one lagging behind. But I guess it's all okay because your scout team OL could start on most teams. LMAO!
His backup played in the game when Creed came out. It was the exact same backup listed on the first two deep out of fall camp.

Since you know all about the situation... tell me who that was.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

Try and keep up.

It doesn't matter why Creed wasn't playing. The point is: the offense was shaky without him and now the primary backup (according to you) quit the season.
None of you have any clue what you’re talking about at all...

Creed’s backup is Ian McIver... redshirt junior. He played when Creed went out and is Creed’s backup. Has been for a while. Was last season too. EJ Ndoma-Ogar is a redshirt freshman who is on the scout team. He’s projected to be Creed’s eventual replacement..

Creed was PLAYING IN THE FOURTH QUARTER when the game flipped. Tyrese Robinson and Marquis Hayes are guilty of the boneheaded plays that put the offense in harms way.

Goddamn... if you’re gonna talk smack, at least have an inkling of information about what you’re talking about.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

I gave up picking OSU over OU several years back. Even when we should win, we find a way to lose. It'll have to happen when it happens. I never picked OSU over OU.

However, bad mouthing OU is a blast because you guys hold them to such a high standard every year and get the rug pulled out from under you. This year was the craziest standard I've ever seen. You really believe your scout team OL would start for many schools. You really believed Rattler would be flawless. You really believed the D was elite. You really believed you'd go undefeated.

Welcome back to reality. We've all been waiting on you and it didn't take very long.
Mmmhmmm

My prediction was if OU got through the first four games unscathed, they’d go undefeated.

And I’d bet my bottom dollar that you’d love to “have the rug pulled out from under you” like OU fans experienced the last five years. You’d trade places so fast your head would spin.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
It’s September.

24 unanswered is what you should be addressing. 35 points should be enough to beat KSU at full strength just like Arky State did in Manhattan.
Well it’s a four month long season. And our coach has put that together successfully three years in a row despite early losses each year.

Has yours?

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
None of you have any clue what you’re talking about at all...

Creed’s backup is Ian McIver... redshirt junior. He played when Creed went out and is Creed’s backup. Has been for a while. Was last season too. EJ Ndoma-Ogar is a redshirt freshman who is on the scout team. He’s projected to be Creed’s eventual replacement..

Creed was PLAYING IN THE FOURTH QUARTER when the game flipped. Tyrese Robinson and Marquis Hayes are guilty of the boneheaded plays that put the offense in harms way.

Goddamn... if you’re gonna talk smack, at least have an inkling of information about what you’re talking about.

Ok.
If everyone was in there playing...why the collapse against a depleted team of backups? The offense failed in the 4th just as much as the Def.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
His backup played in the game when Creed came out. It was the exact same backup listed on the first two deep out of fall camp.

Since you know all about the situation... tell me who that was.

IDGAF who it was, you stated the ou scout team could start for most teams. It was a dumb af statement.

And the offensive lineman who opted out was a thing three weeks ago. It’s Covid related and he’s coming back next year. He’s supposed to be Creed Humphreys replacement.