Sean Sutton?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 6, 2007
Starkville, MS
Now that Texas Tech's coaching situation has totally changed does anyone know what will happen to Sean Sutton? Is he staying on staff at Tech? Is he going with Beard to UT?

Sep 23, 2010
Not sure. They retained the "defensive coordinator" Adams as coach so maybe he will keep Sean as the "offensive coordinator". Otherwise, if he wanted to go to Austin, I don't see why Beard wouldn't take him in a similar role. I know his son Spencer is coaching a high school team that has his other son Parker on it. So I would think he would be inclined to stay.

dirtyp

Wrangler
Jul 5, 2004
Not sure. They retained the "defensive coordinator" Adams as coach so maybe he will keep Sean as the "offensive coordinator". Otherwise, if he wanted to go to Austin, I don't see why Beard wouldn't take him in a similar role. I know his son Spencer is coaching a high school team that has his other son Parker on it. So I would think he would be inclined to stay.
Per the Tech AD, Beard has offered all his Assistant Coaches at TT a position on his UT staff.

Dec 7, 2006
Better question, would Oklahoma State want Sean in some capacity if the opportunity presented itself?
There's not a position available right now and I'd guess they would hire back people like Hinson who have been working for free die to COVID. Maybe in the near future but, unless Sean is unemployed for a while, I doubt it. And that's before considering the other stuff that led.tl his departure.

Nov 18, 2011
Saw on a Texas site the other day that Sean was expected to follow Beard to Texas with the same position he had at Tech which was an analyst.

Sep 23, 2010
Saw on a Texas site the other day that Sean was expected to follow Beard to Texas with the same position he had at Tech which was an analyst.
This feels like the perfect position for Sean. No recruiting or other type responsibilities...just breaking down the game with the HC.

Jul 23, 2004
Tulsa, OK
I would love to see Sean get another head coaching opportunity. It sounds like he has dealt with the issues that caused problems for him in Stillwater. He is a great basketball mind, like his father. If he gets another shot, be it North Texas or somewhere else, I think he has the potential to be a great hire, assuming he can keep his "demons" under control. I am sad that he went through what he did and I think he could have been another great OSU coach if not for his personal struggles. He will always be a COWBOY!