SCOTUS to overturn Roe v Wade

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
Actually yes, our team from work recently hired a homeless vet and are helping him get back on his feet. Fortunately we’ve been able to get him set up with some gas money until he gets his place in the city hopefully by the end of the month.

Homelessness is definitely a problem I wish we would improve if we are willing to sacrifice a little as a society.
But you’re not taking him into your home and providing a roof over his head, are you. Helping “take care of these unwanted” people I believe were your words.
I’m not the one building an ideology that pursues the expansion of homelessness.

Are you going to help take care of these kids?

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I’m glad that’s the case for you and your family. My wife (girlfriend at the time) became a guardian for a sweet kid with severe cerebral palsy ever since her wretched mother abandoned her. There will need to be many more families like yours who will need to step up to take care of kids coming from an influx of unfortunate circumstances. If we as a society want to no longer give women an option to remove themselves from unbearable situations of rape, medical disasters, or unfit mothers; we at least need to make safety net for these kids rigid enough to take care of them.
Agreed. Has it ever occurred to you that if abortion is limited that people might actually start acting more responsibly and there will be less demand ? I sure hope so.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
I’m glad that’s the case for you and your family. My wife (girlfriend at the time) became a guardian for a sweet kid with severe cerebral palsy ever since her wretched mother abandoned her. There will need to be many more families like yours who will need to step up to take care of kids coming from an influx of unfortunate circumstances. If we as a society want to no longer give women an option to remove themselves from unbearable situations of rape, medical disasters, or unfit mothers; we at least need to make safety net for these kids rigid enough to take care of them.
Agreed. Has it ever occurred to you that if abortion is limited that people might actually start acting more responsibly and there will be less demand ? I sure hope so.
I’m actually personally against abortions except in extreme circumstances. I hate that this situation has become a black or white argument. I think the majority abortions are repugnant, but also I believe it’s not morally wrong in several circumstances.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
I’m actually personally against abortions except in extreme circumstances. I hate that this situation has become a black or white argument. I think the majority abortions are repugnant, but also I believe it’s not morally wrong in several circumstances.
I found this interesting when questioning why women have abortions.

WHY DO ABORTIONS OCCUR?
In 2004, the Guttmacher Institute anonymously surveyed 1,209 post-abortive women from nine different abortion clinics across the country. Of the women surveyed, 957 provided a main reason for having an abortion. This table lists each reason and the percentage of respondents who chose it.
PercentageReason
<0.5%Victim of rape
3%Fetal health problems
4%Physical health problems
4%Would interfere with education or career
7%Not mature enough to raise a child
8%Don't want to be a single mother
19%Done having children
23%Can't afford a baby
25%Not ready for a child
6%Other
The state of Florida records a reason for every abortion that occurs within its borders each year. In 2020, there were 74,868 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it.
PercentageReason
0.01%The pregnancy resulted from an incestuous relationship
0.15%The woman was raped
0.20%The woman's life was endangered by the pregnancy
0.98%There was a serious fetal abnormality
1.48%The woman's physical health was threatened by the pregnancy
1.88%The woman's psychological health was threatened by the pregnancy
20.4%The woman aborted for social or economic reasons
74.9%No reason (elective)

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
But you’re not taking him into your home and providing a roof over his head, are you. Helping “take care of these unwanted” people I believe were your words.
Why are you acting like nobody is taking care of these kids? I contribute monthly to both a children’s home and a pregnancy center. My daughter, brother, and two nieces are heavily involved in foster care as well as two employees. My daughter has adopted one child out of foster care and is the process of adopting two more and continues to foster other children. She had two biological children before she started fostering btw. What a stupid argument. Of course we’ll take care of them.

Cool but he hasn't answered the question. Maybe stop deflecting for extremists on "your side" and see how you feel about him if he is forced to own his position. As a reminder he was a supporter of the Jan 6th movement. Maybe stop defending him before he has a chance to speak and let him explain his views.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
I found this interesting when questioning why women have abortions.

WHY DO ABORTIONS OCCUR?
In 2004, the Guttmacher Institute anonymously surveyed 1,209 post-abortive women from nine different abortion clinics across the country. Of the women surveyed, 957 provided a main reason for having an abortion. This table lists each reason and the percentage of respondents who chose it.
PercentageReason
3%Fetal health problems
4%Physical health problems
4%Would interfere with education or career
7%Not mature enough to raise a child
8%Don't want to be a single mother
19%Done having children
23%Can't afford a baby
25%Not ready for a child
6%Other
The state of Florida records a reason for every abortion that occurs within its borders each year. In 2020, there were 74,868 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it.
PercentageReason
0.01%The pregnancy resulted from an incestuous relationship
0.15%The woman was raped
0.20%The woman's life was endangered by the pregnancy
0.98%There was a serious fetal abnormality
1.48%The woman's physical health was threatened by the pregnancy
1.88%The woman's psychological health was threatened by the pregnancy
20.4%The woman aborted for social or economic reasons
74.9%No reason (elective)
Can’t afford a baby or career limiting situation seems to be awfully high on that list. Seems to me if we as a community can help these potential mothers and the potential mothers can trust that the community will help them we’d have a lot less abortions. That’s kind of what I’m alluding to with my question. Maybe if we as a community can help hard to do mothers, we’d be better off reducing abortions whether abortions were legal or illegal. If you’re not willing to contribute to the community to help then you really don’t have any moral high ground. Just because people don’t approve of abortions doesn’t mean they don’t contribute to the problem from inaction. Most abortions I find repugnant are a symptom to a more underlying problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Cool but he hasn't answered the question. Maybe stop deflecting for extremists on "your side" and see how you feel about him if he is forced to own his position. As a reminder he was a supporter of the Jan 6th movement. Maybe stop defending him before he has a chance to speak and let him explain his views.
Yeah, this argument has been made several times by several people in this thread and I just felt compelled to point out that tons of people are actually stepping up and have been for a long time. I fully expect that they will continue to do so. My intent was not to deflect or defend anyone. I don’t recall any of this being directed at you…Maybe take your own advice?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
What business is it of yours to be against any woman's abortion unless you are the father?

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Yeah, this argument has been made several times by several people in this thread and I just felt compelled to point out that tons of people are actually stepping up and have been for a long time. I fully expect that they will continue to do so. My intent was not to deflect or defend anyone. I don’t recall any of this being directed at you…Maybe take your own advice?
Has he answered the question yet?

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I’m not the one building an ideology that pursues the expansion of homelessness.

I already am financially, along with 3 other monthly, targeted financial allotments to “help” various causes. And if you want to discuss “…an ideology that pursues the expansion of homelessness”, perhaps you should direct that discussion a little further West for starters.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa

I already am financially, along with 3 other monthly, targeted financial allotments to “help” various causes. And if you want to discuss “…an ideology that pursues the expansion of homelessness”, perhaps you should direct that discussion a little further West for starters.
California is too busy letting country club Golf courses and old money pay 1978 appraised property taxes while new property owners pay 20x that rate. They definitely are not the bastion of equitable communities.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
10-year-old denied abortion in Ohio, forced to travel to Indiana (msn.com)
I assume people who are against abortion would fully expect the little 10 year old girl's body to try to carry the baby to full term or hold on until the 7th month to get a Cesarean, depending on the doctor's advice, and doubly so, if the girl begged to be a mother. As they see it, the girl's mother or other relative could take care of the baby, while the girl is at school. Or give baby up for adoption. The male who got the girl pregnant should be in big trouble for statutory rape, but article makes no mention of that.

Hopefully, we're not trying to become a nation where government legally expects little children to give birth to children. Candidates running for government need to be asked if that is what they support and vote against them if they say yes or refuse to give a clear answer, which is NO! I bet Mullin's answer would be YES! Gov. Noem of SD, is a good example of a Republican politician who can't say NO! Or Yes, either.

The above is an example of further horror stories that are bound to come and may be worse. This Texas woman was able to get to an out of state doctor in plenty of time to save her life from a pregnancy gone bad. But will other women be able to do the same? No woman should have to wait for an abortion until a dangerous pregnancy actually has her near death. The longer the abortion is delayed, the higher is the medical risk to her life.
Texan has out-of-state abortion for dangerous pregnancy | Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Last edited:

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
What business is it of yours to be against any woman's abortion unless you are the father?
It’s not. That doesn’t mean I can’t disagree with abortions made from inconvenience.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
It’s not. That doesn’t mean I can’t disagree with abortions made from inconvenience.
Everyone has an opinion, nothing wrong with it. We all have an opinion on abortion, some of us agree with the right to choose, and some of us don’t want the woman to have the choice. And that’s fine, you’re allowed to have that opinion, but it doesn’t mean it’s your business. Just like maybe I’m not attracted to fat women, but it’s none of my business that some guys are attracted to fat women. I think it’s gross, but what do I care? It’s not my business.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
Everyone has an opinion, nothing wrong with it. We all have an opinion on abortion, some of us agree with the right to choose, and some of us don’t want the woman to have the choice. And that’s fine, you’re allowed to have that opinion, but it doesn’t mean it’s your business. Just like maybe I’m not attracted to fat women, but it’s none of my business that some guys are attracted to fat women. I think it’s gross, but what do I care? It’s not my business.
I agree 100%. It’s not my business about your attraction to BBW… not matter how BBW they are.

Apr 7, 2006
I assume people who are against abortion would fully expect the little 10 year old girl's body to try to carry the baby to full term or hold on until the 7th month to get a Cesarean, depending on the doctor's advice, and doubly so, if the girl begged to be a mother. As they see it, the girl's mother or other relative could take care of the baby, while the girl is at school. Or give baby up for adoption. The male who got the girl pregnant should be in big trouble for statutory rape, but article makes no mention of that.

Hopefully, we're not trying to become a nation where government legally expects little children to give birth to children. Candidates running for government need to be asked if that is what they support and vote against them if they say yes or refuse to give a clear answer, which is NO! I bet Mullin's answer would be YES! Gov. Noem of SD, is a good example of a Republican politician who can't say NO! Or Yes, either.

The above is an example of further horror stories that are bound to come and may be worse. This Texas woman was able to get to an out of state doctor in plenty of time to save her life from a pregnancy gone bad. But will other women be able to do the same? No woman should have to wait for an abortion until a dangerous pregnancy actually has her near death. The longer the abortion is delayed, the higher is the medical risk to her life.
Texan has out-of-state abortion for dangerous pregnancy | Fort Worth Star-Telegram
This is a smoke screen. I would gladly support state legislation that allows for abortions by rape victims or those where a medical doctor deems the procedure necessary to protect the life of the mother. That won't change anything for people that want to allow abortion for convenience. There will just be another straw man.

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa

This is a smoke screen. I would gladly support state legislation that allows for abortions by rape victims or those where a medical doctor deems the procedure necessary to protect the life of the mother. That won't change anything for people that want to allow abortion for convenience. There will just be another straw man.
Is there not a middle ground between limitations on “just ‘cause it’s Wednesday” abortions and a women’s choice to change horrible situations? The problem is both ideological sides are too chicken shit to look at the arguments on either side and find any common ground.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
I agree with the last two posts, but from a high level perspective for many of you others, let’s not forget the bottom line here: The recent SC decision did absolutely NOTHING to prevent her from getting an abortion, other than a large gas bill for driving 3 hours to a neighboring state.