SCOTUS to overturn Roe v Wade

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So why put a representation of the quote instead of the quote itself?
They did give the quote in the article. Rarely is an article going to give a full quote for a headline. If they had shortened the quote, then people from the other side would be able to complain that they were misleading because they left off the time frame he added.

Most of us can understand that a headline is not the full story but a way to make you interested to read the story. If you try to get the full story details from the headline, blame yourself, not the writer.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
He did not say even come close to saying "No comment." He made a comment, and even limited the time frame with "at this time."

Talk about being misleading..........
And even if he had said "no comment", the headline would still be accurate.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Just read on the news that the Woke screamer crowds have plans to protest at all of the deemed 'conservative' supreme court justices homes today. Ilhan Omar said this is people's first amendment right to protest anywhere anytime even if it does intimidate our supreme court justices. Weird their ideas were and are much different on the Jan 6 insurrection.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
One last thing on wapo for those defending it. Why not make the headline "governor won't rule out free birth control". It would be just as accurate as the actual headline according to you but the implication between the two couldn't be more different.
No comment one way or the other should mean exactly that, but if the headline pushes one of those two more than the other, that's the problem. If you still don't see it then ok I guess.

Dec 9, 2013
Just read on the news that the Woke screamer crowds have plans to protest at all of the deemed 'conservative' supreme court justices homes today. Ilhan Omar said this is people's first amendment right to protest anywhere anytime even if it does intimidate our supreme court justices. Weird their ideas were and are much different on the Jan 6 insurrection.
While I don’t agree w protesting at the justices homes, at this point it in no way compares to what occurred on Jan 6th. You yourself called it an insurrection.

I really hope the DOJ and local law enforcement are coordinating and protecting each justice, their families and their homes. They have the ability to monitor the protests and act swiftly to keep this under control.

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
While I don’t agree w protesting at the justices homes, at this point it in no way compares to what occurred on Jan 6th. You yourself called it an insurrection.

I really hope the DOJ and local law enforcement are coordinating and protecting each justice, their families and their homes. They have the ability to monitor the protests and act swiftly to keep this under control.
I'm sorry but protesting at a supreme court justice home to influence a ruling is against the law. If it was the R's doing this people would be out of their minds.

Last edited:

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
One day abortion on demand will be viewed by most people as barbaric.....

There will be circumstances that will be accepted but general abortion on demand will not be seen in a favorable light.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas

So protesting in an effort to intimidate a justice and sway a judgement to your liking is somehow greatly different than trying to intimidate congress to overturn an election? They are both putting undue intimidation in an effort to change an outcome to their liking. Just because it is a different branch of government doesn't make it any less insane.

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
Even the Senate Majority Whips knows and says it is bad.

Dick Durbin Disagrees With Chuck Schumer, Condemns Protests Outside Homes of Elected Officials: ‘Over the Line’ (msn.com)

Durbin slammed the protests outside Supreme Court justices’ homes as “absolutely reprehensible.”

“Stay away from homes and families of elected officials and members of the court. You can express yourself, exercise your First Amendment rights. But to go after them in their homes, to do anything of a threatening nature and certainly anything violent is absolutely reprehensible.”

Protesting outside the home of judges is illegal.

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
Nothing in this section shall interfere with or prevent the exercise by any court of the United States of its power to punish for contempt.​

Dec 9, 2013
I'm sorry but protesting at a supreme court justice home to influence a ruling is against the law. If it was the R's doing this people would be out of their minds.
I stated I didn’t agree w it but I don’t know that laws have been broken. I could be wrong and will admit if I am but what law are they specifically in violation of? Have they trespassed on private property or caused damage to property? Have they made violent threats? Have they smashed through fences? Did they break down doors? Did they attempt to gain unlawful entry by breaking windows? Were there bombs placed outside of any of there homes? Were police officers assaulted? Beaten w flag poles and fire extinguishers? Have any police officers been killed? Did they gain illegal entry and steal anything?

If laws have been broken or they are exercising their rights outside of what local ordinances allow or are causing safety or traffic flow problems then follow the law and prosecute the violators.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I condemn both.

There.

Now, can you say the same thing?

Because most of the politicians can't.

Sep 6, 2012
nunya
I condemn both.

There.

Now, can you say the same thing?

Because most of the politicians can't.
I can and thank goodness, I'm not in politics like you. I know your a elected official (or you work for one), so no offense to you.

If you search the Jan 6 thread. I posted one time and I said something to the effect "Vote Libertarian"

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2013
I stated I didn’t agree w it but I don’t know that laws have been broken. I could be wrong and will admit if I am but what law are they specifically in violation of? Have they trespassed on private property or caused damage to property? Have they made violent threats? Have they smashed through fences? Did they break down doors? Did they attempt to gain unlawful entry by breaking windows? Were there bombs placed outside of any of there homes? Were police officers assaulted? Beaten w flag poles and fire extinguishers? Have any police officers been killed? Did they gain illegal entry and steal anything?

If laws have been broken or they are exercising their rights outside of what local ordinances allow or are causing safety or traffic flow problems then follow the law and prosecute the violators.
Edit: You posted a link w the statute. Arrest them. Every single one of them.

Sep 6, 2012
nunya

The 18 U.S. Code 1507 reads: "Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both."

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Is nullifying the power of the Judicial Branch Via the Legislative Branch part of Democracy or a Republic any longer?

What would have happened way back when Roe was first passed and a state put a law just like this in........then it would mean that today in an environment where RvW might be overturned by the SCOTUS, then a state who had a law like this in Place would NOT be able to reverse RvW in their State and any judge who tried to restrict abortion in their state after a ban of RvW by the SCOTUS would be met with getting Impeached automatically.

What kind of Nonsense if the GOP on about with this crap ???!!??

Dec 9, 2013
The 18 U.S. Code 1507 reads: "Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both."
So as much said arrest them and hold them accountable. But the way this reads, it looks like the pro life side at the court should be held to the same standard.