SCOTUS Justice Stephen Breyer to retire

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Better get it done before the midterms or it will be merrick Garland all over again
Nah don't think they'll have any ground to stand on to hold up a nomination for 2 years. However if they want to nominate an ideologue 'Squad member' type judge then they have only a short window to do so.

Sep 12, 2008
The only reason I suggest Kamala Harris is because they could bring in a more popular VP that could run in 2024.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Don't think he was accused of rape or other misconduct. they just didn't bring his nomination to consideration.
I didn't say he was. I was responding to this claim right here,

"Nah that is only for republican nominees. Republicans will just sit there and let them get through whomever they want without even a whimper."

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Kimba and Zoe were nominations for AG and Merrick was just never brought up at all based on precedence. Not a dog and pony show that was the previous 2 Supreme Court circus that the Libs created.
:blink: Yes, I know.

Ramses said Republicans just sits there and let Democratic nominees go through without a whimper.

That's is patently, historically not true at all.

LOL at Merrick "never brought up at all based on precedence".

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
somebody correct me if I’m wrong. The filibuster will not apply to this nomination so the VP can be the 51st vote and the GOP has no power to stop it?
It doesn’t matter. Biden will replace a liberal with another liberal so the structure doesn’t change. I’m curious if he will be able to get all of the dems on board depending on who is nominated.