Rx's Summer Thread #2: Your favorite Bedlam experience

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

stonewallpoke

Durable Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Al Asad Airbase, Iraq
I had my family and my wife’s family in the same house for Bedlam 2014. All of us lost it when the Cheetah took it to the house.

In person, I got to be in GIA when Marcus Smart stuffed a three point attempt to help seal a Bedlam W.

Nov 8, 2013
I had my family and my wife’s family in the same house for Bedlam 2014. All of us lost it when the Cheetah took it to the house.

In person, I got to be in GIA when Marcus Smart stuffed a three point attempt to help seal a Bedlam W.
We were watching the end of Bedlam 2014 in Arizona when my daughter called from out of state after her internet stream stopped. She stayed on the phone for Grogan's field goal but could not tell at first if our yelling was good or bad due to audio distortion on the cell phone. Fun moment.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
2011 felt like a culmination of the changes brought on by Boone, Mike and Mike. Man that was likely the best game we will ever see at BPS. Sadly it's in the past...Although this year could top it...with No U leaving the league... if we end Delta and have full stadiums and all the stuff lines up right...:thumbup::thumbup:

Nov 6, 2010
1976 in Norman. Sitting in the OU student section with two buddies and a half gallon of Jack. The guy in charge of the booze never did anything half ass. Told him to get a couple of pints to stick in our boots and he shows up with a half gallon and then puts it in his waistband and buttons up his jacket. He looked like Pinto leaving the grocery store in Animal House. Terry Miller had a big game. Willie Lester sealed the game with an INT off Dean the Stream. 31-24 Pokes beat the No. 5 Sooners, outscoring them 18-3 in the second half. Needless to say we got hammered, raised hell, and shared some of our Jack with the student section.
Solid. He reminds me of me!

Feb 7, 2009
My favorite bedlam game was when Wheeden was our QB and we soundly defeated the sooners. Can't remember the year but think it was in the last 10 years.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
1976 in Norman. Sitting in the OU student section with two buddies and a half gallon of Jack. The guy in charge of the booze never did anything half ass. Told him to get a couple of pints to stick in our boots and he shows up with a half gallon and then puts it in his waistband and buttons up his jacket. He looked like Pinto leaving the grocery store in Animal House. Terry Miller had a big game. Willie Lester sealed the game with an INT off Dean the Stream. 31-24 Pokes beat the No. 5 Sooners, outscoring them 18-3 in the second half. Needless to say we got hammered, raised hell, and shared some of our Jack with the student section.
My Dad tells a story about this game. He and my mom were on their way from Stillwater to Tulsa because my mom, who was early on in her pregnancy with my older sis, had an OBGYN appointment on that Monday. They were listening on the radio and just on the Tulsa side of Yale Miller broke a big run for a TD and my dad is going crazy. Right then, my mom exclaims "I think I just felt the baby kick for the first time!". My dad responds "HOW MUCH CAN A MAN TAKE!" Makes me laugh every time he and my mom tell the story.

My personal favs:

1) 2011 Bedlam football: first time my old man was physically present to watch oSu defeat ou. We sat in the stands for close to an hour afterwards just soaking it in.

2) 2001 Bedlam football: "Pistols firing!"

3) 2004 Bedlam basketball in Stilly: By far the loudest sporting event I've ever been to....at one point (after a 8 or 9 point run capped off by a Joey Graham dunk and an ou timeout) it ceased to sound like crowd noise and turned into this weird ringing sound.

4)1997 Bedlam in football: I was in the stands in Norman for what was an old fashioned ass whippin we put on the Sooners. Tony Lindsey was awesome that day (as was the RB...I think Jamal Fobbs?).

Feb 25, 2008
listening on the radio and just on the Tulsa side of Yale......
My aunt and uncle lived in Tulsa. Way back when we were driving down the highway with my cousin (she was probably in high school at the time) listening to an OSU football game. After a kickoff we were running it back for a touchdown and my mother was driving and cheering on the play. My cousin starting hollering "Yale Aunt Nonnie, Yale!!!", but my mom only heard "Yell Aunt Nonnie". I'm pretty sure we missed the turnoff of on Yale since mom was Yelling.