Rx Summer Thread #4: Where did you live in Stillwater?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
I never lived on campus. I lived at The Lift Apartments, 2112 North Perkins, Apt. G4. I always thought the address of The Lift was epic. It is no longer there. I also lived in a house north of 6th street on Monroe that is no longer there having been taken over by Stillwater Medical Center.

Sep 12, 2008
2112 is Epic!

Most of the places I lived during college NEL. I lived on 3rd in a segment house that is no longer there. And in 2 separate locations on Bellis where the baseball stadium now sits. I also lived in Cordell Hall (give em hell!!) which NLE.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
133 S. Knoblock soph and jr yrs, 1965 and 66. A fourplex that is long gone. It was across the street from an auditorium??. We had parking problems when Varsity Revue happened. The landlady, probably 60ish pioneered the braless look. Not a pretty sight.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I lived in a different place all 4 years. The best was my sophomore year. Lived in the ski lodge style houses across the street from Boomer Lake on Washington…. It was a blast.

Side note. I still have ZERO idea why they haven’t renamed Boomer Lake… I get that “Boomer” is a state of Oklahoma thing, not just an OU thing… but read the damn room.

So many cool things it could be named to signify the university or state that isn’t as closely related to the Goons.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I lived in a different place all 4 years. The best was my sophomore year. Lived in the ski lodge style houses across the street from Boomer Lake on Washington…. It was a blast.

Side note. I still have ZERO idea why they haven’t renamed Boomer Lake… I get that “Boomer” is a state of Oklahoma thing, not just an OU thing… but read the damn room.

So many cool things it could be named to signify the university or state that isn’t as closely related to the Goons.
1658164962466.png

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I lived one semester in Wilhelm and 2 years in Patio Club....and the rooms were about the same size. Had a bed that folded up into the wall at patio club. That was cool for about the first week, then I just left it down all the time after that.

My favorite place was north knoblock apartments. A little 10 until building that was literally right across the street from Allie P. I have fond memories of that place...more fun than should be legal....and it showed in my GPA.

All three of those places are gone now.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
Lived in a cinderblock duplex 1/2 block South of 6th St on Washington. Literally within crawling distance of Coney Island, which is important if you are me, which I am.

BoutDemPokes

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
Madison, MS
113 N. Duck, directly across the street from Tommy Moore and Tracy Phillips. Two doors down from Kenny Boo Monday, then Joe's. Having Joe's between class and home was scholastically problematic so I moved with same "clan" to Anderhaus Aprts that were brand new in 1984 and torn down prior to 2005. A testament to either its quality of construction, the smells of curry and bongwater embedded in the walls or the Athletic Village expansion. Also, everyone used to ride bikes on campus...........what ever happened to that form of collegiate transportation?

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
First at Willham 7th Floor, then Willham 9th Floor, then across from the hospital in a Havis Watson rent house, then at the old haunted house at 414 West 5th, then South of town on Perkins Road in a 14X70 trailer home, then back in Murray Hall, then in a house South of downtown out near the Ancestor restaurant, then in a house about three doors West of the Mason Jar, then got married, got a job and left town.

Other than that, I really didn’t live that many places in Stillwater!

Last edited:

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I lived 2 years in Willham, rooms 629 and 626. Moved my junior year to a small, new apartment complex just south of the water tower that was southwest of Willham. My senior year I moved to the greatest address near campus - 711 N. Duck. My landlords were the Gages (sp?) of Gage's Western Wear, and they were great. Two years later my little brother moved into 711 and stayed there for 3 years. His first night there they could hear a mouse scurrying around the small extra room off the kitchen, so they bought a couple mousetraps the next day. They deployed them that evening and could hardly get out of the kitchen before one would pop. They killed 28 mice that night.

I get to see the house every time there's a softball HR to right center, and the exterior is virtually unchanged from 44 years ago.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
On Monroe, right across from the old QT. Now it’s the OSU Foundation parking lot. I can still hear it…fill up on pump #3! My old house was lifted out and moved just off the turnpike on the way to Tulsa. Still get to see her from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
Some dorms first couple of years.

Then "Scholars Inn" apartments right across the street from Gallagher Hall which made it very convenient attending basketball and wrestling.

The apartment complex has since been demolished for a parking lot for now.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

If serious, it would be senselessly wrong to rename Boomer Lake, due to history. This is because the Boomers came before the Sooners, most notably when they illegally tried to settle in Stillwater in 1884 and had to be removed by federal officers. One of the leaders of the Boomer movement is buried at Boomer Lake. Payne County is named after him.

A case can be made that OU wrongly stole its Boomer Sooner theme from OSU and Stillwater. Or maybe the problem is that OSU didn't claim it first.

Last edited:

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Most semesters was at the former Pike house 221 S. Lincoln; Lots of good times,

One semester at Maple 400; Great building for partiers. I recently found out it’s been bulldozed and I was a little bummed. It was my first live on my own place. Loved the two story with the spiral staircase, had a roommate that was basically the Malaysian version of Tommy Boy - lived next door to Desmond Mason, and 100 yards from Eskimo Joe’s.

Great question @RxCowboy